Job TitleAssistant Program Director
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentExecutive Mba Program-Mays Business School
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum Salary$4,750.00 monthly
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who we are
Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School is a vibrant learning organization of more than 175 faculty members, 125 staff members, and 6,400 undergraduate and graduate students in accounting, finance, management, management information systems, marketing and supply chain management. Mays Business School’s vision is to advance the world’s prosperity. To advance the world’s prosperity means providing a better future for generations who follow, including quality of life, environment and economic systems. To fulfill this vision, our mission is to be a vibrant learning organization that creates impactful knowledge and develops transformational leaders.
What we want
The Assistant Program Director is responsible for assisting the Director in development, administration, and implementation of quality services and programs to effectively meet student needs, as well as the objectives of the MS Analytics Program and Mays Business School. Serves as a knowledgeable resource to students, administration, and faculty, by responding to questions and by proactively providing information on issues in a timely fashion. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Annual Salary starting at: $57,000
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume will assist us in our review of your application materials. These can be uploaded on the application under CV/Resume.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six years of related experience in program management including related supervisory experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to utilize sound judgment.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
- Proficient with university systems: Compass, OGSDPSS, CONCUR, Aggiebuy and CAS Application
- Required to travel to Houston CityCentre for MS Analytics classes (once a week).
- Occasional out of state travel my be required. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Master’s degree.
- Two or more years of recruiting, and student advising.
- Experience in recruiting, admissions, financial aid, billing, and academic advising with higher education, particularly in Graduate Studies.
- Recruiter - Serve as the primary student recruiter for the MS Analytics Program at Mays Business School by creating and implementing recruiting and marketing strategies to matriculate high-caliber MS Analytics students. Plan and manage all recruiting events both virtual and in person directed at prospective MS Analytics students. Advise prospective MS Analytics students. Review applications of MS Analytics candidates. Interview MS Analytics applicants and make recommendations for admission. May supervise graduate assistants in support of recruiting activities. Conduct presentations to promote program. Travel may be required for this position. Provide support for recruiting and admissions
- Admissions - Assumes beginning-to-end responsibility for the program admission process and work in coordination with designated departmental and Mays admissions staff. Participates in the student selection process. Maintains the database of prospective student applications. Tracks and reports relevant admissions statistics. Responsible for managing the onboarding of new students. Develops, oversees and implements the incoming student orientation. Manages the admitted students to ensure maximum retention and smooth onboarding.
- Academic and Career Advising - Conducts or oversees student advising. Reviews and approves degree plans. Acts as liaison with other academic departments regarding course enrollment. Arranges for any special trainings of MS Analytics students. Coordinates facilities for program-specific courses. Works collaboratively with Mays Graduate Business Career Services and the Career Center teams on student job search preparation, program outcomes and employer relations. Designs, coordinates and/or presents special on and off campus employer/student events, such as student enrichment seminars and industry related experiences.
- Monitoring - Evaluate the overall academic progress of current students and identify those in academic distress. Initiate and manage the communication process for students placed on academic probation to the student and the Office of Graduate Studies. Keep records and monitor the progress of students on academic probation.
- Faculty Liaison - Anticipates and facilitates faculty needs relative to the teaching responsibilities in the program. Collect and validate syllabi for all courses from faculty. Oversees the faculty evaluation process for MS Analytics courses; collects evaluation data and provides reports to Academic Director and Associate Dean for Graduate Programs. Responsible for grade change processing as needed. Assist with onboarding of faculty new to teaching in the MS Analytics program.
- Funding - Supports the Director in external relations, communications, and development activities related to the program. Coordinates the relationship with relevant companies, former student organizations and industry organizations. Organizes meetings and events with these groups.
- Program Operations - Participates in developing strategic plans based on program goals and assists the Director in planning and budgeting for the program. Executes program purchases ensuring budgetary compliance. Manages budget expense reports and provide analyses to the Director. Reviews and approves non-salary expenses. Participates in planning, directing, and coordinating of operational or procedural matters to meet program goals and objectives. Develops reports, analyses and surveys as requested by the Director. Represents the program on various committees. Provides leadership for the program along with and in the absence of Director. Provides supervision and guidance to student workers. Manages institutional relationships for the program with key Texas A&M University offices.
- Educational Technology: Works closely with Director in the development and implementation of MSA Learning Management System (Canvas). This includes designing course templates, creating assignments, preparing examinations, and proctoring systems for all classes in the program.
- Supervision - As appropriate, hire, train, and supervise student workers and graduate students for the MS Analytics Program Office.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Program Manager Quality Specialist, TAMHSC, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Program Manager - Quality Specialist Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department School of Nursing Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Typ...
Academic Advisor Ii, TAMHSC, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Academic Advisor II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department School Of Public Health Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type...
Program Manager, Student Recruitment & Eap, TAMHSC, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Program Manager, Student Recruitment & EAP Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Admissions - School Of Medicine Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location ...
Program Coordinator I, TAMHSC, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Program Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department School Of Public Health Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Ty...
Regional Workforce Coordinator, Texas A&M Care, TAMHSC, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Regional Workforce Coordinator, Texas A&M Care Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Rural and Community Health Institute Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job ...
Rural Medicine Administrative Coordinator Ii, TAMHSC, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Rural Medicine Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Office of the Dean Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texa...