|Job Title||Assistant Professor of Computer Science|
|Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications||
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position is ﬁlled. First consideration will be given to applications received by December 1, 2019. Second consideration may be given to applications received by January 2, 2020. Applications received subsequent to the second consideration date (January 2, 2020) may not be given full consideration.
The University seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application, and integration of knowledge. The Department of Computer Science and Statistics at URI is a vibrant and growing department with computer science faculty active in a wide variety of research areas including machine learning, data science, cyber security, HCI, computational biology, CS education, and programming languages. The department oﬀers BS, BA, MS and PhD degrees in Computer Science, BS and BA degrees in Data Science, an MS degree in Statistics, Graduate Certiﬁcates in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics, and a Professional Science Master’s degree in Cyber Security.
The Assistant Professor position is a permanent, tenure-track, full-time, 9-month appointment starting with the academic year 2020-21.
Applicants should demonstrate a strong commitment and capacity to initiate new funded research as well as to expand, complement, and collaborate with existing research programs in the Department of Computer Science and Statistics and beyond. It is expected that all candidates will also be committed to excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching, including developing new courses related to their research expertise, and supervising and mentoring students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct research, obtain external research funding, and participate in interdisciplinary research; teach undergraduate and graduate courses; advise graduate students.
1. Ph.D. in computer science or a closely related area, awarded by August 2020.
2. Demonstrated evidence of scholarly activity and potential to develop an externally funded research program.
3. Demonstrated ability to teach computer science courses.
4. Demonstrated ability to build an equitable and diverse scholarly environment in teaching, mentoring, research, and service.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Ability to develop new courses and innovative curricular programs in Computer Science.
2. Ability to develop collaborative relationships with partners at URI, and in Rhode Island, the region and the nation.
3. Ability to improve recruitment and retention of undergraduate and graduate students, particularly students from underrepresented communities.
4. Ability to contribute to the teaching of a variety of computer science courses in ﬁelds such as computer architecture/organization, operating systems, parallel and distributed computing, computer networks, cloud computing, and computer security.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
|Union||AAUP - American Assoc of Univ Professors|
|Status||Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, Permanent|
|End Date of Restriction or Limitation|
|Department||Computer Science & Statistics|
|Extension Contingent on Funding Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Please attach the following 5 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae, which should include the names and contact information of three professional references (as one complete pdf document).
(#3) Statement of Teaching Philosophy.
(#4) Statement of Research
(#5) “Other” – Statement on Diversity – Please address how your cultural, experiential and/or academic background can contribute to the promotion of diversity at URI.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Quicklink for Posting||http://jobs.uri.edu/postings/6529|
Assistant, Associate Or Full Professor In Atmospheric Science, University Of Wyoming, American Geophysical Union, United States, about 22 hours ago
The Department of Atmospheric Science at the University of Wyoming (UW) seeks to fill a faculty position in atmospheric science at any rank, starting Fall 2020. We are seeking candidates with exp...
Instructors Summer Youth Day Camps, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Description Penn State Wilkes-Barre Continuing Education is seeking educators or individuals with an interest to develop and instruct unique week-long summer day camps (content areas may include S...
Peer Writing Tutor, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Description Penn State Scranton is seeking Peer Writing Tutors to support student writing throughout the campus. Peer Tutors must be current Penn State Scranton students who have a cumulative GPA ...