Job TitleAssistant Professor of Agricultural Business & Economics
AgencyWest Texas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCanyon, Texas
The A&M System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Eligible employees will have access to paid leave programs in addition to 13-15 paid holidays each year. For more information regarding the benefit package go to: West Texas A&M University: Human Resources Benefits
West Texas A&M University, a member of the Texas A&M University System, invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Agricultural Business and Economics.
This is a nine-month, tenure track position (60% teaching, 30% research, and 10% service) that reports to the Head of the Department of Agricultural Sciences. WTAMU is a four-year academic institution of 9,500 students serving the Panhandle of Texas and surrounding states. This geographic region is noted for its agricultural production and related businesses. Degrees offered related to the discipline include a B.S. degree in Agricultural Business and Economics, a B.S. degree Agribusiness, a Master of Science degree in Agriculture with an emphasis in Agricultural Business and Economics, and a Ph.D. in Systems Agriculture. More than 200 students are enrolled in the Department’s agricultural business and economics and agribusiness programs with about 940 students enrolled in the Department of Agricultural Sciences.
Position is available August 1, 2021. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Questions regarding the position can be sent directly to:
Dr. Bridget Guerrero, Search Committee Chair
Department of Agricultural Sciences
WTAMU Box 60998
Canyon, Texas 79016
Phone: (806) 651-2614
- Contribute to a strong teaching program in the agricultural economics/agribusiness area with emphasis in at least one of the following areas: production and resource management, finance, international trade, policy, or management.
- Develop and deliver undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Develop a research program in an area of agricultural economics/agribusiness that will lead to solutions for the agribusiness industry of the Texas High Plains with the potential to attract extramural funding.
- Work closely with agribusiness industry leaders in assessing regional teaching, research, and service needs.
- Develop interactive programs with scientists, engineers, and veterinarians in other agencies, universities, and the agricultural industry of the Texas High Plains.
- Ph.D. in agricultural economics, economics, agribusiness, or closely related field.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching, research, and service.
- Working knowledge of crop and livestock industries.
- Excellent computer, written, and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to a systems and interdisciplinary approach to research and educational programs.
- Interpersonal skills, vision, and desire to establish working relationships with external constituents.
- Academic or industry experience beyond the Ph.D. preferred.
Applicants must provide the following materials in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of application which includes a statement of professional goals for teaching and research;
- A complete curriculum vitae;
- Transcripts of all university-level work;
- Teaching evaluations if available;
- Sample research paper;
- Three letters of reference.
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Please use the “Upload” button to add each document individually. All revisions must be made prior to application submission. If you need assistance with uploading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Texas law requires all males age 18 through 25 to be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Professor Of Agribusiness, Clemson University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Assistant Professor of Agribusiness Clemson University: College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences: Agricultural Sciences Location Columbia, SC Open Date Nov 22, 2021 Description The Depar...
Research Engineer Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Research Engineer III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Electrical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descripti...
Associate Vice President, Global Health Initiative, TAMHSC, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Associate Vice President, Global Health Initiative Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Senior Vice President & CEO Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Locat...
Human Resources Generalist Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Human Resources Generalist II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Contract Negotiator Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 15 days ago
Job Title Contract Negotiator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Tees Contracts Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description The ...
Executive Director, TAMHSC, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Executive Director Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Senior Vice President & CEO Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff ...