Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
In the ever expanding city of Los Angeles, Trojans need reliable and convenient transportation options. USC Transportation has risen to meet that need, operating parking structures, busses, student-run Campus Cruisers and a fuel station. To meet the unique needs of each Trojan, Transportation also coordinates with numerous taxi companies and rental car agencies to provide a vast source of transit options. A division of USC Auxiliary Services, Transportation is always looking for new ways to make USC safer and more convenient for students, athletes, faculty, staff, and visitors.
We are seeking an Assistant Manager – University Park Campus to join our rapidly growing team.
If you are knowledgeable, driven, and passionate about transportation, then we want you! Our Assistant Manager will lead by example, showing our team what it means to provide exceptional customer service and extraordinary transportation options. You will help us create unforgettable experiences, so that our guests will feel safe, at ease, and eager to continue using our transportation services.
- Responsible for permit sales, coordination and managing primarily at the University Park Campus.
- Coordinates with all campus offices regarding departmental reservations, and works closely with field operations services staff to determine structure and facility capacities due to university events.
- Manages student staff or other full-time staff members as needed, and is responsible for scheduling, training and maintaining updated instruction manuals for all areas of responsibility. Monitors staff performance, conducts performance evaluations, and provides feedback for assigned staff.
- Assists field services staff as needed during all-campus events such as home football game days or commencement, and is available for reassignment to UPC if needed due to staffing shortages.
- Reports to Associate Director, and assists AD with permit and capacity projections, wait lists, and other special projects as needed.
- Provide customer service to students, faculty, staff, and external customers. Meet customer needs, offer options, resolve problems, and follow up with customers. Ensure full customer satisfaction without unnecessarily referring customer to other staff members. Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Assists Associate Director in occupancy planning and demand forecasting for University Park Campus parking needs.Provides reports on existing parking permit demands, acts as liaison with projects future demand as Capital Construction projects and demographics at UPC change over time.
- Schedule, assign, and prioritize workloads. Ensure timely completion of department’s work.
- Oversee storage and usage of materials and equipment. Procure rentals and arrange for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Perform staff-level work during peak demand hours or understaffed situations as needed.
- Assist with planning and coordination of special department or University events and supervision of staff during events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Associate’s Degree.
- Experience: 2 years.
- Supervisory experience in transportation or parking enforcement.
- Ability to supervise, coach, train, and counsel employees.
- Demonstrated customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and University laws and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Valid CA driver's license required. Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment.
What We Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of experience in transportation or parking enforcement.
- Experience working in a University environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE , and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- : dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- : discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Associate's degree Combined experience/education as substitue for minimum eudcation Minimum Experience: 2 years Combined Education/experience as substitute for minimum experience. Minimum Field of Expertise: Supervisory or lead experience in related field.
External Members Of University Ethics Committee, University of Essex, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
undefined undefined Wk MonTueWedThuFriSatSun NaN Today is Fri, 21 Feb 2020 skip to job profile skip to job details Job vacancies Search for job/Set up job alert Existing User login My applicati...
Early Stage Researcher At The Signal And Information Processing For Sensing Systems Research Group , Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), Luxembourg, 4 days ago
Application Deadline: 29/02/2020 Ref: RS-SaM The Signal and information processing for sensing systems group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Early Stage...
Full Professor In » Engineering Geodesy « , Technische Universität München, Germany, 3 days ago
18.02.2020, Professuren The Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites applications for the position of Full Professor in » Engineering Geodesy « to begin in summer semester 2021. The position i...
Maritime Transport Tenured Professor, TalTech, Estonia, 3 days ago
The TalTech Estonian Maritime Academy invites applications for a professor position in Maritime Transport. The objective of the professorship is to lead research and development and to implement s...
Senior Researcher At The Pluripotency For Organ Regeneration Research Group , Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), Luxembourg, 4 days ago
Application Deadline: 29/02/2020 Ref: SR-NM The Pluripotency for organ regeneration group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Senior researcherto develo...
Operations Manager, Coventry University, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Institute of Future Transport and Cities (IFTC) £51,044 - £63,684 per annum As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme a...