If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Assistant I (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:Provides assistance with outside services
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Performs duties in support of pro shop staff, cleaning & parking carts.
- Assists with moitoring golf course pace of play.
- Assists with debris pick up on the course and around the pro shop.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
Required Work Experience
- As required.
- Work is routinely performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:May 12, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Principal Researcher, The University of Chicago, United States, 1 day ago
Department Booth Faculty Research - Research Professional About the Department The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to non...
Research Assistant, Awad Lab, The University of Chicago, United States, about 24 hours ago
Department BSD NSU - Neurological Surgery - Awad Lab About the Department The Neurovascular Surgery Research Program is a translational research unit, funded by the NIH and other sources, and enga...
Research Assistant, The University of Chicago, United States, 1 day ago
Department BSD IPP - Clinical Research Staff About the Department The newly created Institute for Population and Precision Health (IPPH), located in the Biological Sciences Division, will integrat...
Research Support Assistant, The University of Chicago, United States, 1 day ago
Department BSD PAT - Esterhazy Lab About the Department The lab studies how immune homeostasis is maintained in the digestive system, and how its failure can lead to diseases such as food allergie...
Clinical Research Assistant, The University of Chicago, United States, about 24 hours ago
Department BSD MED - Section Administrator: Endocrinology-Brady/Hanlon About the Department The Section of Adult and Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism is a national leader in resear...
Acls Emerging Voices Fellow Postdoctoral Researcher At The Rank Of Instructor , The University of Chicago, United States, 41 minutes ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs ACLS Emerging Voices Fellow - Postdoctoral Researcher at the rank of Instructor Humanities Division Position Type: Faculty Chicago, IL Jun 28, 2022 – Jul...