Job TitleAssistant Director
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who we are
The Department of Student Activities fosters and supports leadership, learning, and involvement opportunities that enhance the growth and development of students and recognized student organizations. As members of the university community, we are committed to a philosophy of shared responsibility that develops leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good, and we subscribe to the Texas A&M core values of Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service. To learn more, please visit https://studentactivities.tamu.edu/ . Clarification about our position titles can be found at http://tx.ag/Positions .
What we want
We are excited to announce this new opportunity to join the Department of Student Activities as our Assistant Director, Student Activities – Campus Engagement & Traditions. The position oversees the Campus Engagement & Traditions team, supervises full time and graduate staff members, develops, and presents educational and developmental content and programs for student organization leaders, and serves as the primary advisor for multiple department-assigned recognized student organization. The ideal candidate will have experience advising student organizations with high-risk programming as well as experience supervising full time professionals and overseeing programs that engage university students, staff, and faculty. If this description appeals to you, then apply for this great opportunity!
What you need to know
Salary range: $60,500-64,300/annual (Based on selected hire's education and experience)
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
Position details: Employees Supervised: Student Affairs Coordinator (1) and Student Development Specialist III (1)
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six years of progressively responsible administrative or management experience in student affairs in higher education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use spreadsheet and database programs.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Commitment to university’s and department’s core values.
- Ability to work nights and periodic weekends as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree in higher education, student affairs or related field from an accredited institution.
- Five or more years post-graduate experience in higher education, student affairs, or specific area(s) described in this position description.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant student group advising, leadership training, risk management, and supervisory abilities in the specific area(s) described in this position description.
- Area Oversight – Campus Engagement & Traditions - Responsible for management of an area under the Department of Student Activities. Duties include, but are not limited to, strategic planning for the area, developing and adhering to the area budget, ultimate responsibility for the programs and groups served by the area, diversity and inclusion efforts, university-wide consulting on behalf of the department, contributing to department marketing and development as needed, assessment planning and assisting the Director Staff with department-wide initiatives and planning.
- Supervision – Campus Engagement & Traditions - Responsible for direct supervision of a Student Affairs Coordinator and a Student Development Specialist III, as well as indirect supervision of other budgeted employees, graduate and practicum students, and student workers and interns.
- Advising & Administration – SGA Commissions - Serves as primary advisor to the Legislative Relations and Election Commissions, and serves as secondary advisor to the Diversity and Development Commissions. Advising and administration of a student organization may include, but is not limited to, leadership development, training and development for students and advisors, risk management activities, programming and logistics of events, recruitment and retention, evaluation of programs, adherence to policies and procedures including judicial processes, financial oversight including budgeting, marketing and communication for various constituent groups, vendor and donor relationships, student travel, technological resources, inventory management, document review and other tasks as required by the group or department.
- Advising – SGA Branches - Serves as a primary advisor the SGA Judicial Court and to the Executive Branch. Adheres to policies and procedures including judicial processes, financial oversight including budgeting, marketing and communication for various constituent groups, vendor and donor relationships, student travel, technological resources, inventory management, document review and other tasks as required by the group or department.
- Advising – Student Body President - Serves as secondary advisor to the Student Body President. Advising of a student leader may include, but is not limited to, leadership development, training and development for students and advisors, risk management activities, programming and logistics of events, recruitment and retention, evaluation of programs, and other tasks as required by the group or department.
- Diversity & Inclusion - Models a strong understanding of and appreciation for the University's, Division's, and Department's priorities related to creating a community of respect and inclusion. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Academic Advisor Ii 2, TAMHSC, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Academic Advisor II-2 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Department Of Public Health Studies Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, ...
Academic Advisor Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Academic Advisor III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Industrial Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Academic Advisor Iv, TAMHSC, United States, 18 days ago
Job Title Academic Advisor IV Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Medicine - Office Of Student Affairs Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job T...
Assistant Director, Student Success Advising, Berklee College of Music, United States, 25 days ago
Job Description: Berklee’s student success advising model provides traditional academic advising and a holistic approach to student success. Through proactive outreach and engagement, the Student ...
Assistant Director, Career Engagement And Programs, Berklee College of Music, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Description: Under the direction of the Director of Career Engagement, the Assistant Director of Career Engagement and Programs will be part of a transformational career services team. The Car...
Director Of Prevention And Population Health, TAMHSC, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Director of Prevention and Population Health Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Senior Vice President & CEO Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Co...