Overview of Assistant Director, Technology Services
The Assistant Director of Technology Services is responsible for leading the Audio Visual and Desktop Field Technician teams in our Client Services department at Purdue University Northwest. Client Services is dedicated to managing and supporting staff, faculty, and student technology needs with high quality, professional, and timely service. The AV team designs, installs, and maintains the classroom and conference room technology on both PNW campuses - Hammond and Westville, IN. Additionally, the AV team provides audio-visual production services to the university community, producing events such as Commencement and the Founder's Day celebration. The Desktop field technician team is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of computer hardware on both PNW campuses. This group is responsible for the maintenance of all endpoint devices including computers, printers, scanners, security cameras, etc. This position should bring innovative ideas to the classroom technology environment, and will work closely with faculty and administrators during the design and install phase of classroom, lab, and conference room renovation.
PNW Job Title: Assistant Director, Client Services
Duties and Responsibilities of Assistant Director, Technology Services
- Supervises, trains, schedules, and mentors staff dedicated to classroom and event-space support, and hardware maintenance and repair across two campuses.
- Supported spaces and technologies include classrooms, computer labs, meeting spaces, auditoriums, athletic venues, video conferencing, lecture capture, media routing, live streaming, specialized distance learning locations, and digital signage.
- Ensures ADA and other legal requirements are met with regard to technology.
- Plans, designs, and implements audio visual technologies in a growing technical landscape University-wide; leads efforts to provide intuitively designed classrooms and meeting spaces that will enhance teaching, learning, and collaboration.
- Through partnerships across the University, develops model classroom standards that are upgraded regularly to accommodate technology changes and innovation.
- Manages inventory, budgets, and vendor interactions on implementations and upgrades, including RFP process.
- Leads projects using various tools to track details and report on new implementations and upgrades.
- Oversees technology events such as commencement, sporting events, and guest lectures.
- Supports information delivery systems, enabling campus / academic departments to create and deliver messages to specific audiences & students.
- Assists users with scheduling, recording, archiving, and indexing live video and audio streams.
Benefits of Assistant Director, Technology Services
- Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more
- Accrue 15 days’ vacation your first year, then 22 days’ vacation your 2nd year plus rollover
- University contribution of 10% to retirement (3 year waiting period)
- University contributions to Health Savings Account –
- Plus a chance to earn more through participating in University Wellness Initiatives
- 10 paid holidays
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Paid Parental Leave after one year of service
- Tuition remission for you, your spouse and dependent children at any Purdue campus
For more information on our excellent benefit package, please visit: https://www.pnw.edu/human-resources/benefits/
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a premier metropolitan university dedicated to empowering transformational change in our students and in our community. We offer two campuses serving approximately 8,800 undergraduate and graduate students. At PNW, we value academic excellence, support growth, and celebrate diversity.
PNW sits between Chicago’s skyscrapers and Lake Michigan’s sandy shores. You can have all the perks of a world-class city just a short drive away or enjoy the natural beauty of the Indiana Dunes National Park and Lake Michigan just 15 miles away.
Education of Assistant Director, Technology Services
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent certification in AV, Computer Science, Electronics, Engineering, Management, or related field
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Experience of Assistant Director, Technology Services
- 5+ years’ experience with designing, installing, and maintaining audio/visual systems, video conferencing technology, computing equipment, and related electronic equipment.
- Experience supervising employees and managing budgets.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in and commitment to the principles and practices of quality management.
- Experience with classroom video switching hardware, such as Extron or Crestron, preferred.
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of successful background check along with a motor vehicle records check if applicable.
Purdue University Northwest is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Post Award Manager, Department Of Sponsored Programs, Purdue University Northwest, United States, 3 days ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more Accrue 15 days’ vacation your first year, then 22 days’ vacation your 2nd year plus rollover Uni...
Operations Coordinator, The University of Chicago, United States, about 16 hours ago
Department UCPE Facilities Management About the Department Innovative, career-driven learning experiences define University of Chicago Professional Education. In our commitment to spread the Unive...
Systems Administration Specialist, The University of Chicago, United States, about 18 hours ago
Department UCPE Human Resources About the Department Our mission is to create pathways for people who see education as fundamental to the pursuit of professional growth. We develop innovative lear...
Associate Director Of Equity, Diversity And Inclusion, Purdue University Northwest, United States, 3 days ago
Purdue University Northwest's Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is seeking an Associate Director. The Office of EDI is responsible for promoting and enhancing a culture of inclusivi...
Producer, The University of Chicago, United States, about 16 hours ago
Department COMM UChicago Creative: Multimedia About the Department UChicago Creative, part of University Communications, is the in-house agency at the University of Chicago. Like the community we'...
Hpc Systems Administrator, The University of Chicago, United States, about 16 hours ago
Department Provost Research Computing Center About the Department The University of Chicago Research Computing Center (RCC), a unit in the Office of Research, provides high-end research computing ...