The College of Global Futures seeks an Assistant Director of Enrollment and Recruitment to help grow the next generation of students who will build a sustainable, equitable and vibrant future for everyone.
As the ideal candidate, you will be a passionate, enthusiastic, and motivated team member and leader who can work with students, families, diverse faculty and staff, college leadership, and the student success teams. You will bring to this role strong listening skills, collaborative process development and implementation, and action plans that work to advance the overall mission of the college. We are seeking a candidate who possesses a broad range of professional expertise that includes experience working with students and their parents as well as community engagement, recruitment, and higher education.
As the Assistant Director, you will report to the Associate Director of Student Enrollment, Access, and Impact and work collaboratively in a team environment helping to drive the overall initiatives of the college. The primary responsibilities will be working on enrolling students into the undergraduate and graduate programs in the College of Global Futures while working with students, parents, and the college, as well as ASU Admission Services, the ASU Graduate College, and high school staff to do so.
Experience in higher education and working with students, parents, and high schools is desired. You should have excellent collaboration skills to assist in developing strategy, processes and procedures as well as working with diverse teams.
Your experience working with diverse teams, passion for the college mission and excellent organizational skills should be demonstrated through your application.
College of Global Futures
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$52,120 - $66,000 per year; DOE
- Assist in the development and implementation processes and procedures for student recruitment and enrollment in collaboration with various partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of prospective student desires and needs within the context of the College of Global Futures mission and work with various stakeholders to build student enrollment.
- Communicate the admissions and financial aid processes and procedures offered through ASU Admission Services, the Graduate College, and College of Global Futures, serving as a lead recruiter and point of contact for prospective students.
- Collaborate with college and school staff on student engagement opportunities, career, and alumni networks to advance recruitment and enrollment outcomes.
- Co-develop strategies in marketing that align with the needs of our desired prospective student base.
- Create and deliver effective and engaging presentations to prospective students, parents, counselors, recruiters, and administrators.
- Assist in the strategic planning of a year long recruitment cycle and anticipate the needs of our working partners.
- Responsible for maintaining a master calendar of recruitment events and activities as well as coordinating participation in and coverage for a wide variety of events and activities.
- Coordinate school and college participation in summer outreach education camps utilized to share information about the schools’ programs.
- Create and analyze impactful data reports to make informed recruitment decisions.
- Effectively supervise, train, guide, and evaluate assigned staff to meet the overall enrollment goals of the college and schools.
- Develop objectives and activities based on college goals and initiatives.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information in Salesforce.
- Assist with the coordination and marketing of scholarships used to recruit students.
- Be willing to travel locally, in-state, as needed for recruitment activities (e.g., other ASU campuses, other schools and institutions, conferences, and events) and have a flexible work schedule (e.g., evenings and weekends).
- Resolve problems and issues affecting the college and recommends measures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
- Maintain the college recruitment strategy while also being flexible to accommodate various requests and inquiries.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND six (6) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Ten (10) years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure of academic programs in higher education.
- Experience supervising, coordinating, and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Experience with transdisciplinary fields, such as sustainability, global development, technology, earth or environmental studies, innovation, entrepreneurship and or community advocacy.
- Experience in student recruitment and enrollment management, customer acquisition, marketing, or project management; especially with customers/prospective students in campus-based immersion and online contexts that range across transdisciplinary backgrounds.
- Experience working with university faculty and growing a portfolio for a college or other mission-driven organization.
- Skill and work ethic in support of exemplary collaboration and follow-through, including active listening, taking ownership, and resolving challenges as appropriate.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans centered around enrollment or customer growth that includes key performance indicators.
- Experience using data analytics and reporting to support strategic priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PPT in particular), Salesforce, Adobe, google docs, google forms, and google sheets, Dropbox, and experience in adapting to new technology.
- Evidence of effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to generate creative ideas and content for marketing pieces.
- Climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of being in a stationary position.
- Constantly detects and operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to clearly communicate and exchange accurate information to perform essential duties.
- Expected to be responsive to customers, engaged in work production, resourceful, flexible, and respectful of others.
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations, and a commitment to sustainability, innovation, and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market, as such the following options may be offered depended on department needs:
Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or Vice President Approval is required.
For the ninth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all nine years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. To learn more about how Knowledge Enterprise is a place for your career to grow, visit https://research.asu.edu/about-us/careers.
At the College of Global Futures, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value your unique background and perspective, and you may be just the right candidate for this position or other roles on our team.
Working at ASU has additional perks and outstanding benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator .
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Assistant Professor Of Practice, The University of Arizona, United States, about 3 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Assistant Professor of Practice United States | req18925 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Assistant Professor of Practice Posting Number req18925 Department Animal&Bi...
Faculty Organizational Management (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 19 days ago
At UAGC, full-time Faculty are discipline experts who provide a positive learning environment in a specific academic program, emphasis, and/or discipline to facilitate and support student success ...
Data Warehouse Engineer (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 20 days ago
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse including designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data architecture and dat...
Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty Philosophy (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 9 hours ago
The Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty position is a part-time, temporary adjunct employment opportunity. The Online Associate (Adjunct) Faculty member performs duties relating to online instructi...
Identity Access Management Engineer Iii (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 9 hours ago
The University of Arizona Global Campus is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Identity and Access Engineer Level 3 to join our team. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage and ...
Salesforce System Administrator (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 4 days ago
A Salesforce System Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and overall management of the Salesforce platform within an organization. They ensure that Salesforce is effect...