Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
About the Division of Student Affairs
In collaboration with students and stakeholders, the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Cincinnati (UC) strives to cultivate an inclusive campus experience. The Division of Student Affairs values an accessible culture of academic success, engaging relationships and experiences, holistic development, and intentional advocacy for students.
About the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards
The Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards promotes a safe and scholarly community by protecting student rights, providing students and organizations opportunities for growth, learning, and reflection when they act in a manner inconsistent with community standards, and fostering a happy and healthy community by providing education on the Student Code of Conduct and the Bearcat Bond. The University of Cincinnati, Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards, is seeking applicants for the Assistant Director of Student Conduct & Community Standards (AD of SC&CS).
Under general supervision from a designated administrator, assist with the administration and direction of a multifunctional department or center.
- Assist with development, implementation and administration of goals to achieve strategic objectives;assume management responsibility for a wide range of projects/tasks associated with primary business operations and/or corporate relations that have significant impact within the business function.
- Develop internal policies, procedures, controls, and manage processes to increase internal business and/or external corporate partnerships and advance service levels; responsible for policy execution and results that enrich the department/center, the campus and the university; consults with Director on major policy changes affecting other departments.
- May be responsible for coordinating a function or program(s) with significant impact on external relations.
- May be responsible for collaborating efforts with administrative and academic units (i.e., Public Relations, Academic Colleges, Foundation, etc.) to enhance business/community partnerships.
- Assist with preparation of annual unit operating budget recommendations; develop, implement and monitor assigned budgets; limited signature authority for purchases and payroll.
- Prepare reports, disseminate/interpret information, provide advice, write proposals, deliver presentations, construct contractual agreements,and ensure that all programs and services comply with university, state and federal regulations.
- Communicate and assist students, parents, corporate partners resolve questions and complex issues; represent the university internally and externally.
- Assist with administrative leadership and supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff; hire, orient, train, mentor and evaluate assigned staff; monitor and coordinate staff development and training programs.
- Serve on various university, division and departmental committees and may represent the department at various state and national associations; may function for the Director or Associate Director in his/her absence, as required.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Bachelor's degree with five(5) years experience; -OR-Associate's degree with seven (7) years experience; -OR-nine (9) years experience. Degree must be in a related field; experience must be related.
- Experience also requires at least three (3) years supervision.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Master's Degree in Higher Education or related field.
- Experience working in a college and/or university setting.
- Experience working with students, staff, faculty, and community members of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in assessment development & administration, and data analyze.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Title IX, Title IX Adjudication, the Violence Against Women Act, and the Jeanne Clery Campus Security Act.
- Experience reviewing and determining appropriate next steps for university incident reports.
- Experience investigating and adjudicating student group and organization conduct cases.
- Experience supervising undergraduate and graduate student staff.
A Resume/CV and Cover Letter are required and must be submitted as part of the online application process. Cover Letters should be addressed to Ashleigh Wade, Director of the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards. Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $50,132 - $52,020 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Aerial Saw And Herbicide Utility Forester: Flexible: Central And Southern Indiana, Cincinnati, Ohio, And Northern Kentucky, ECI, United States, about 19 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyECILocationFlexible: Central and southern Indiana, Cincinnati, Ohio, and Northern KentuckyJob CategoryFull t...
Extension Custodian Boone County , University of Kentucky, United States, 27 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Extension Custodian - Boone County Requisition Number RE33609 Working Title Department Name 81C07: KCES Region Central Area 07 Work Location Burlington, K...
Seasonal Wildlife Technician – Dayton/Cincinnati, Oh Area, Plunkett's Pest Control, United States, about 19 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPlunkett's Pest ControlLocationCincinnati, OH, USA 45042Job CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$16-$1...
District Director Of Health, Northern Kentucky Health Department, National Institutes of Health, United States, 20 minutes ago
The District Director of Health is considered the highly visible “face” of public health services in the Northern Kentucky region and serves as Chief Administrative Officer of the Health Departmen...
Extension Agent For Agriculture And Natural Resources Education – Boone County, University of Kentucky, United States, 20 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Extension Agent for Agriculture and Natural Resources Education – Boone County Requisition Number RE32246 Working Title Department Name 81C07: KCES Region...
Health Education Coordinator/Ukhc, University of Kentucky, United States, 13 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Health Education Coordinator/UKHC Requisition Number RE33893 Working Title EIS Health Education Coordinator Department Name H5001: Pharmacy Services- KIRP...