- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Center for Career Education (CCE) helps undergraduate students, and undergraduate alumni develop the key competencies necessary to make informed decisions and take the necessary steps to achieve their career goals. The Center establishes connections and facilitates interaction among students, alumni, employers and organizations to generate opportunities that help students pursue their personal and professional objectives. The Center for Career Education serves undergraduate students in Columbia College, The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science and the School of General Studies, and collaborates with Career Centers in the other schools at Columbia University and its affiliated institutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working in a team-based environment to provide individual and group career counseling for undergraduate students; and to participate in the development and delivery of departmental and CCE initiatives. Career counseling will also include career development workshops, career assessments, and use of information technology for computer-assisted career planning and web-based programs.
- Provide individual and group career counseling to students. Work with the Sen. Associate Dean to develop and manage programs designed to meet the career development needs of undergraduate students, which may involve collaboration with alumni and other industry professionals.
- Act as project manager for new and continuing initiatives undertaken within the department. Where required, collaborate with other Departments in the Center on new projects and initiatives.
- Contribute to establishing annual goals and objectives for the department. Assess the quality and effectiveness of program delivery.
- Act as a liaison to various constituencies and provide reports on activities and program outcomes to the Senior Associate Dean of Alumni and Undergraduate Career Development and the Dean of Career Education.
- Develop and maintain online and print resources.
- Participate in CCE program planning and assist other counselors/staff with implementation of programming.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2 years in related field working with undergraduate level students.
- Career education skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse populations.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills necessary.
**Applications received without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.**
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of industry recruiting practices, job search processes and cross campus outreach and collaboration experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Zoom, Microsoft Suite, Google Workplace/G-Suite, CRMs, Recruiting platforms/databases, desktop publishing software, and webpage design strongly desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Cce Of Wayne County Nutrition And Local Foods Educator – Newark, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 3 days ago
The Nutrition and Local Foods (NLF) Resource Educator is the lead team member in developing, planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programming provided to the community through the nu...
Agriculture Environmental Sustainability Educator Auburn, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 2 hours ago
The Agricultural Environmental Sustainability Educator position will concentrate on the agriculture and natural resources program assisting the Executive Director with development, delivery, direc...
Parenting And Family Life Educator Liberty, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 17 days ago
The Cornell Cooperative Extension of Sullivan County Parenting and Family Life Educator is responsible for providing leadership in developing, planning, conducting and evaluating educational progr...
Community Horticulture Program Coordinator Liberty, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 20 days ago
The Cornell Cooperative Extension Sullivan County Horticulture Program Coordinator will provide coordination for the Horticulture Program including garden development and maintenance, education an...
Snap Ed Nutritionist Stony Point, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 3 hours ago
The Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) Rockland County's SNAP-ED Nutritionist position primarily provides strategic and innovative planning, coordination and implementation of public education to...
Cce Of Albany County Administrative Coordinator, Snap Ed – Voorheesville, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 13 days ago
The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support as part of the Capital Region Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) Program. The position also assists the su...