Job TitleAssistant Director of Learning Design
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentDean of Business Administration
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who we are
Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School is a vibrant learning organization of more than 175 faculty members, 125 staff members, and 6,400 undergraduate and graduate students in accounting, finance, management, management information systems, marketing and supply chain management. Mays Business School’s vision is to advance the world’s prosperity. To advance the world’s prosperity means providing a better future for generations who follow, including quality of life, environment and economic systems. To fulfill this vision, our mission is to be a vibrant learning organization that creates impactful knowledge and develops transformational leaders.
What we want
We're seeking an Assistant Director of Learning Design who assists in the management of the Learning Design Team composed of instructional designers and student technicians to enable the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of high-quality, innovative learning experiences for face-to-face, hybrid, and online modalities for Mays Business School. We're seeking a leader who supports the integration and enforcement of department, college, university, system, and state level regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines into workflows as needed. The Assistant Director of Leaning Design will apply project management practices to the oversight of the course development schedule and assign projects and tasks equitably to team members and student employees while ensuring the appropriate implementation of accessibility standards for the design and development of learning content. If you meet the position requirements noted below and this job description sounds exciting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume will assist us in our review of your application materials. These can be uploaded on the application under CV/Resume.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and Six years of experience in course or curriculum design.
- Experience includes: one year of experience in leadership roles such as project management, instructional design, training and development, program management, & innovation and one year of experience in hiring, supervising, and evaluating full-time staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of online course design principles and practices, as well as software and strategies that enhance teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of quality design standards such as Quality Matters or the OLC Scorecard and the ability to evaluate courses for quality.
- Knowledge of two or more leading learning management systems (e.g., Blackboard, Brightspace, Canvas, etc.).
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and project management software with leadership & supervisory skills.
- Master’s degree in applicable field
Instructional Design Leadership
- Supports the goals, objectives and strategic plan of the team and Mays Business School.
- Supports the implementation of current and future learning innovations.
- Assists in leading a collaborative, cohesive team of instructional designers and supports the recruiting, retaining, training, mentoring, supervising, and evaluation of team members.
- Assists in the development, management, and evaluation of the learning design processes for delivering high-quality online, hybrid, and face-to-face course content that aligns with industry best practices and program-level outcomes.
- Monitors and calibrates learning design workflows across the team to ensure project alignment with timelines and allocated resources; scales and adapts learning design workflows to meet the needs and priorities of Mays Business School.
- Coordinates with the Director of Learning Media and instructional designers to plan, develop, and monitor the progress of multimedia assets across courses and programs.
- Supports continuous improvement activities through the life cycle of the learning design process, with consideration for the various stages of learning design, faculty training and support, course facilitation, and course evaluation and maintenance.
- Designs, develops, and delivers training to instructional designers, faculty, and department staff.
- Contributes to development activities and processes in instructional and multimedia design as needed while developing and growing the team and evolving workflows.
- Manages collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, and other stakeholders through face-to-face, digital, and remote communication channels.
Project Management and Quality Assurance
- Monitors progress of all projects across the team; supports the team by anticipating and troubleshooting roadblocks, re calibrating deliverables, and timelines, and communicating frequently with the director about the progress of all projects in the course development schedule.
- Provides support to the director in tracking the activities and progress of all learning design projects to ensure course content remains current and student feedback is incorporated into future semesters.
- Oversees the maintenance of the digital asset library and all documentation associated with projects.
- Promotes consistent application of best practices in learning design.
- Trains and mentors’ staff in quality assurance processes.
- Supports the implementation of a data strategy to ensure the frequent collection and evaluation of targeted data to support process improvement practices.
- Assists in monitoring and reporting project progress to college leadership and project sponsors.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Communications Manager, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Communications Manager Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Turbomachinery Laboratory Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descr...
Temporary Video Production Manager, Berklee College of Music, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Description: Under the broad supervision of the Director of Video Services, the Temp Video Production Manager is responsible for assisting with the management of video production for a high vo...
Director, Lab Operations, Berklee College of Music, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Description: Reporting to the Senior Director of Academic Technology Facilities, the Director of Lab Operations is responsible for the planning, management, and oversight of all technology lab...
Resident Director, Berklee College of Music, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Description: The Resident Director (RD) is responsible for the residential life functions in one or more residence halls, housing up to 450 students. Through supervision of up to 12 Resident A...
Research Associate, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 19 days ago
Job Title Research Associate Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Biomedical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description ...
Assistant Director Of Admissions, Bcb, Berklee College of Music, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Description: Boston Conservatory at Berklee is seeking a full-time Assistant Director of Admissions. The primary responsibility of this position is to represent Boston Conservatory at Berklee ...