The Admission Office of Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar seeks a creative, outgoing, and self-motivated Arabic speaker to develop and deliver the Admission Office’s local recruitment activities and admitted student events. The Assistant of Director for Recruitment will be involved in working with local school officials on visit programs, representing the university’s interests on the Education City local recruitment committee, and serving as an event planner for major events in the Fall and Spring semester. This position will play an integral part of the university’s five-person admission team, where the staff member will participate in recruitment activities in the Fall, application review and decision making in the Spring, and admission counselor responsibilities throughout the year.
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar is a branch campus of Carnegie Mellon University. In Qatar, Carnegie Mellon joins five other American university branch campuses to form Education City, hosted by Qatar Foundation. This location is an exciting campus where the best and brightest students in Qatar join a very talented and diverse group of international students from around the world. This position has a strong benefits and compensation package, including allowances for housing, dependent schooling, yearly flight, and foreign service allowance. The position is expected to fill between December and January.
Please submit a cover letter and CV/Resume with your application.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application via the CMU career website. Any applications via other avenues will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Due to the needs of this position, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position will be a first language Arabic speaker.
- Develop and support the outreach, recruitment, operations, logistics, marketing, and yield functions for Qatari nationals and Qatar residents.
- Collaborate with our Education City partner universities in the Fall school visit program, which includes more than 60 visits to schools in Qatar.
- Serve as an Arabic speaker for the office in events, workshops, conversations, and school visits requiring Arabic.
- Explore, propose, and create new recruitment programs that address critical enrollment needs related to specific student populations and university major needs.
- Represent Carnegie Mellon on the Local recruitment committees alongside Education City colleagues.
- Work with Director and colleagues to develop and execute admission/recruitment strategies and associated activities.
Yield Programs and Academic Program Liaison:
- Develop and deliver successful yield events and programs pertaining to our Early and Regular rounds of admission, in addition to and including our Early Decision welcome event in January and Marhaba Tartans event for admitted students in April.
- Serve as a liaison to the academic majors at CMU Qatar in order to best understand the needs, requirements, and distinctives of our academic majors, as well as building a knowledge base to best inform the marketing plan and admission requirements for each major.
Traditional Admission Duties (shared by all admission counseling staff):
- Advise prospective students about the application process, as well as the academic and extracurricular offerings at the university.
- Respond to inquiries from applicants concerning the application process, decision notification, financial aid information, admission conditions and program requirements.
- On-call duties to include receiving walk-ins, responding to admission inbox emails, phone calls, campus tours etc.
- During the Fall recruitment season, represent the university's programs at high school visits and university fairs, both locally and regionally.
- Participate in application review, rating and selection committee.
- Interview prospective students.
- Participate in scholarship review, rating and shortlisting committee.
- Represent the Office of Admission at outreach and admitted student events.
Job FunctionAdmissions and Financial Aid
Position TypeStaff – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part timeFull time
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon ” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance
Research Associate Harris Rabbani, Texas A&M University, United States, 23 days ago
Job Title Research Associate-Harris Rabbani Agency Texas A&M University Department Qatar Campus RVACANT Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Doha, Ad Dawhah Job Type Staff Job Descrip...
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer – Academic English Skills Foundation Level , ;, Qatar, 6 days ago
A purpose-driven university education provider licensed by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Qatar, Oryx Universal College, in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University, ha...
Research Associate In The Division Of Science Computer Science, Dr. Nizar Habash, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 20 days ago
3 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Country Unit...
Assistant / Associate / Professor In Neonatal, Child, Or Maternal Health Nursing, QATAR UNIVERSITY, Qatar, 1 day ago
24 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company QATAR UNIVERSITY Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Adjunct Instructor In Music Performance, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, about 1 month ago
26 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI Research Field Arts Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country United Arab Emi...
Research Scientist In The Division Of Science Mathematics, Dr. Nader Masmoudi, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 12 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI Research Field Engineering Mathematics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Coun...