ABOUT STANFORD RECREATION & WELLNESS
Aligned with the pioneering spirit of Stanford University, Stanford Recreation & Wellness is committed to bold and purposeful engagement. Our people create a campus and workplace where everyone’s well-being flourishes. As part of the country’s leading collegiate athletic department, we work cohesively, lead with courage, pursue and revere excellence, and activate movement, adventure, fun, leadership, and learning.
We are building a community that is inclusive and a diverse team that is committed to excellence. We take risks. We are willing to lead. We do the right thing. We create innovative solutions. We promote a culture of gratitude and recognition. We have fun. If that sounds like you, join us.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Communications and Engagement, this position will support all efforts to communicate our message(s) and story to the Stanford campus. This position will also develop marketing initiatives and promote programs, services, and events while driving cross-functional collaboration across the department.
As Assistant Director of Marketing, you are highly skilled in graphic design, a progressive influencer, creative, talented in web-site maintenance, and balance strategic thinking with day-to-day executional skills. You like the challenge of operationalizing processes and bring that nuanced thinking to each project you take on. Stewarding relationships, you’ll work closely with divisions and work teams within the Department of Athletics, PE, and Recreation (DAPER). At its core, communication and engagement at Recreation and Wellness start with our customers in mind and delivers a story of how our department helps our campus and communities flourish through physical fitness, health, and well-being.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Work across several aspects of communication and engagement – from graphic design and branding to targeted creative outreach and story-telling, campaign management, advocacy, and events.
- Create conceptually strong visual designs and graphics through fluency with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Create exceptional written communications, edit high-level correspondence and write copy for internal and external communications, web, social, and email.
- Design production-ready assets such as logos, icons, and graphics.
- Across all relevant social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) oversee and manage day-to-day internal account operations and brand integrity.
- Execute department newsletters.
- Ensure department library of quality photos of adventure/outdoor programs, fitness programs/classes, active sports/games, and facilities.
- Partner with program stakeholders to create and execute innovative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement, and program/services adoption.
- Develop and foster relationships with production partners to deliver great work (brochures, pamphlets, etc.) that is on time and on budget.
- Identify optimization opportunities for improving performance and number of participants through use of various web interfaces.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand Stanford students, faculty, and staff and represent the voice of the user.
- Ensure website maintains ADA and WCAG compliance.
- Assist to build and manage relationships with University departments, key clients, and agency partners (media, creative, marketing partners, etc.).
- Assist in partnering collaboratively with other marketing teams across Stanford departments and cross-functional groups to align marketing campaign strategies across key channels, ensuring content adheres to a consistent voice and brand guideline.
- Help guide internal and external experience, design, and production.
- May oversee student intern(s) and partner with third-party creative services
- May oversee videography direction
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL BRING
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to edit high-level correspondence and write copy for internal and external communications, web, social, and email.
- Proficiency in graphic design using Adobe Creative software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Final Cut Pro
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong client service orientation and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact with a wide range of people at different levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities, with competing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS. Strong user experience/user interface design experience.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Previous experience managing email and social media marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of marketing across channels including digital and print.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ .
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. A full job description will be shared during the interview process.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lecturer, Stanford University, United States, about 13 hours ago
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS STANFORD UNIVERSITY The Department of Mathematics at Stanford University seeks to hire one or more Lecturers. The possible appointments are for one year, beginning in Sep...
Research Specialist Kingsley Lab, HHMI, United States, about 9 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a highly talented, resourceful Res...
Research Technician Bergmann Lab, HHMI, United States, about 9 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, scientifically cu...
Computer Analyst/It Professional Neural Data Analyses, HHMI, United States, about 9 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a goal-oriented, proactive Compute...
Associate Director Math, Art of Problem Solving, United States, about 15 hours ago
Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003, we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students, inc...
Science Program Manager Neurodegeneration, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Description: Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some ...