Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Assistant Director provides critical program management and administrative services to students and faculty at the Institute for Transformational Leadership (ITL) at Georgetown's School of Continuing Studies (SCS). S/he manages a portfolio of non-credit certificate programs and courses, developing and implementing strategies and efficient processes to provide high quality services to students, faculty, and ITL partners. The incumbent support the ITL Managing Director and Executive Director in the creation and management of an innovative and strong portfolio to further mission of ITL. Providing customer service support to students and faculty, the Assistant Director has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages the portfolio of non-credit certificate programs to ensure high levels of student and faculty satisfaction.
- Manages semester scheduling and program details, including course descriptions, learning objectives, schedules, CEUs.
- Creates and updates digital records of programs/courses currently via Destiny NCSIS, serving as a faculty and student resource on the development and support of program LMS (currently CANVAS) for all certificate programs.
- Manages ITL-partnership such as the Search Inside Yourself training, International Coach Federation, and other promotional and training events.
- Develops and implements processes to provide high quality services to students and ITL faculty.
- Prepares reports on certificate programs including enrollment, student profiles, student performance, and course evaluations.
- Liaises with SCS Marketing for ITL-related marketing campaigns and website updates/improvement.
- Coordinates and hosts promotional webinars for certificate programs, preparing federal, state, and industry specific re-accreditation reports.
- Oversees the application review process for programs, implements timeline, facilitates application committee review, and coordinates with the SCS enrollment team to disseminate application decisions to applicants.
- Supports the ITL Managing Director and ITL Executive Director in the creation and management of an innovative and strong program portfolio for ITL.
Faculty/ Student Support
- Serves as a primary point of contact and provides assistance to current students.
- Liaises with university offices, specifically the student accounts department, academic resource center, and IT.
- Provides superior customer service to prospective and registered students, answering student inquiries related to program logistics and content.
- Prepares and issues faculty contracts and honorariums, creating and managing monthly and semester payroll reports.
- Develops subject matter expertise and industry knowledge in Leadership Development & Leadership Coaching.
Event and Administrative Support
- Manages support of ITL graduation, information sessions, and the ITL portion of ITL Network conferences.
- Coordinates with SCS Marketing to schedule SCS/ITL Information Sessions and schedule ITL faculty attendance.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-6 years of progressive program administration experience
- Proficiency with Google, Microsoft Suite (especially Excel), and Canvas (or other LMS systems)
- Demonstrated ability to manage academic programs
- Demonstrated ability to provide very high levels of service and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability in increasing student enrollments
- Demonstrated ability to manage costs within budget
- Master’s degree or significant experience in business, education, leadership or related field
- Experience in project management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the leadership development and leadership coaching education markets
- Knowledge of the Destiny One database
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
Assistant Director For North Campus, University of Maryland, United States, about 15 hours ago
Posting Details Position Number: 100746 Title: Assistant Director Functional Title: Assistant Director for North Campus Category Status: 33-Exempt Regular Applicant Search Category: Staff Universi...
Director Of Marketing, George Mason University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Position Information Department Schar School of Policy and Government Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background Check No Stateme...
Creative Director For Football, University of Maryland, United States, about 15 hours ago
Posting Details Position Number: 100156 Title: Program Director Functional Title: Creative Director for Football Category Status: 33-Exempt Regular Applicant Search Category: Staff University Auth...
Student Sustainability Coordinator, Villanova University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Posting Details Do you have questions about the application process? If so, please refer to the Applicant FAQ's. Posting Number: 20203569V Position Title: Student Sustainability Coordinator Postin...
Assistant Director, First Year Advising (14753), American University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Summary/Objective This position provides a holistic perspective in assisting first year students by incorporating their academic, social, cultural, and psychological adjustment to university life....
Program Manager, Virginia Tech, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Description The Hume Center for National Security and Technology at Virginia Tech has an opening for a Program Manager for its research laboratories at the rank of Project Associate. The Progr...