The University of New Mexico School of Medicine (SOM) is seeking a motivated individual to serve as the Assistant Director for the recently launched the Learning Environment Office (LEO). LEO promotes an inclusive learning environment where teachers, staff, and learners thrive, and relationships are mutually respectful and beneficial to each other and to institutional climate. The goals of LEO are to increase exemplary behavior, and to decrease incidents of learner mistreatment.
The functions, services, and initial priorities of LEO are to:
· Provide a safe, supportive space where medical students, residents, and fellows can receive guidance after experiencing or witnessing an incident of mistreatment, including a review of available options and assistance filing a report, if desired;
· Provide a confidential and, if preferred, anonymous reporting tool for incidents of mistreatment;
· Collect, track, and report on systemic mistreatment data in order to measure progress;
· Be transparent as possible about what happens after reports are made, providing feedback to learners individually and as a group, as allowable by policy and law; and
· Provide educational resources and interventions to medical students, residents, fellows, faculty, and staff, aimed at ensuring a respectful learning environment.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative leader, who is resourceful, can work independently, and has exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent problem-solving skills. S/he will have demonstrated experience with complaint/conflict resolution processes and the ability to effectively communicate with a range of diverse stakeholders including SOM learners, teachers, and leadership. S/he will also have experience developing, implementing, and evaluating educational trainings/projects/curricula.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Security Officer I, Central New Mexico Community College, United States, 3 days ago
Position Title: Security Officer I Requisition Number: req1508 Compensation: 14.02 Job Grade: NE14 Department: Campus Security Employment Type: Regular Full-Time Compensation Type: Non-Exempt (Hou...
Full Time Instructor 3 Term Ems, Central New Mexico Community College, United States, 15 days ago
Position Title: Full-time Instructor 3-Term - EMS Requisition Number: req1509 Compensation: 66,546.00 - 69,529.00 Job Grade: Y Department: Health Wellness Public Safety Employment Type: Full-Time ...
Instructional Technician Electrical/Pv, Central New Mexico Community College, United States, 8 days ago
Position Title: Instructional Technician - Electrical/PV Requisition Number: req1504 Compensation: 12.13 - 14.56 Job Grade: NE12 Department: Applied Technologies Employment Type: Instructional Tec...
Director Of Maintence & Operations, Central New Mexico Community College, United States, 27 days ago
Position Title: Director of Maintence & Operations Requisition Number: req1500 Compensation: 70,413.00 - 84,496.00 Job Grade: E7 Department: Physical Plant Employment Type: Regular Full-Time Compe...
Manager Outreach, Central New Mexico Community College, United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Title: Manager Outreach Requisition Number: req1506 Compensation: 48,094.00 - 57,712.00 Job Grade: E3 Department: Health Wellness Public Safety Employment Type: Regular Full-Time Compensa...
Groundskeeper I, Central New Mexico Community College, United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Title: Groundskeeper I Requisition Number: req1515 Compensation: 11.29 - 13.54 Job Grade: NE11 Department: Physical Plant Employment Type: Regular Full-Time Compensation Type: Non-Exempt ...