The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
The Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences is recruiting a faculty member to serve as the Assistant Director for Outreach and Prevention in our Student Counseling and Mental Health practice (CMH) of USC Student Health.
Description of USC Student Health and CMH
USC Student Health provides a comprehensive campus health program including mental health services, medical services, prevention and health promotion, health communications, the student health insurance plan, and public health services to improve the health of the USC population. Mental Health services support students so that they may achieve their academic and personal goals through the Department of Psychiatry’s Student Counseling and Mental Health practice (CMH). CMH services include: individual, couples and group counseling; assessment and referral to other professionals and institutions; crisis intervention (including some after-hours coverage); biofeedback; psychiatric evaluations and medication follow-up; consultation; outreach and prevention; and training and supervision. Services at CMH are provided by and under the auspices of the Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences of the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
Position Description [Purpose and Scope]
The Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences of the Keck School of Medicine of USC is seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Outreach and Prevention who will be responsible for high-level development, oversight, and coordination of University-wide outreach and prevention efforts. The ideal candidate will be a licensed clinician (PsyD, PhD, LCSW, LMFT) who has experience designing and implementing outreach programming to diverse audiences, including to transitional age youth. Candidates should have excellent clinical, supervisorial, and public speaking skills and demonstrate a commitment to social justice, multicultural competence, and the wellbeing of students.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to the Director of CMH
- Develop strategic vision for, develop, supervise and coordinate University-wide outreach and prevention activities including health communications
- Collaborate with USC Student Health Communications on communication and mental health campaigns and social media presence
- Provide training related to the most effective outreach and prevention practices
- Support the needs of the faculty clinicians when delivering outreach and prevention services to the community
- Supervise CMH’s Multi-cultural Coordinator
- Supervise the clinical activities of generalist faculty clinicians
- Hire and supervising a Graduate Assistant of Outreach and Prevention
- Conduct seminars and training new interns and other trainees to conduct outreach and prevention work
- Create and implement programming with a focus on community engagement, social justice, DEI, and wellbeing, including programming in USC’s Student Equity and Inclusion Programs
- Oversee outreach requests from campus partners and students, assign them to the clinical team
- Conduct outreaches on campus
- Serve on university committees and collaborate with campus partners to support the university’s collective impact strategy and wellbeing goals
- Serve as the USC Student Health lead in implementing and utilizing The Jed Foundation’s goals and strategies
- Serve as the point person and collaborative partner with USC Student Health, Health Promotion and Strategy Unit
- Collaborate with the RSVP Assistant Director for Prevention
- Maintain a clinical schedule seeing clients for initial appts, crisis counseling, follow ups, and consultations
- Attend leadership meetings within the Department of Psychiatry
- Active participation with the Association for University and College Counseling Center Outreach
Master’s or higher degree in social work, marriage & family therapy, counseling, psychology, or related field Licensed in the State of California 1-2 years of experience 2-3 years overseeing/coordinating college outreach or similar programming Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; and multicultural competency in working with students of color, students from all economic classes, first generation students, LGBTQ students, and international students Must possess excellent written, verbal, and public speaking/communication skills
Resilient, self-aware, and can thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment Experience in prevention and outreach program evaluation Bilingual or multilingual
Application Deadline: Until position is filled.
Starting Date: Negotiable
This is a faculty position in the Division of Student Counseling and Mental Health in the Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. The position is exempt, full-time. Salary is competitive, and contingent on experience. A generous benefits package includes health insurance, sick time, and paid vacation.
Apply here and upload CV/resume, cover letter expressing interest in and fit with the minimum and preferred qualifications, and 3 letters of recommendation.
The University of Southern California strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. The Department of Psychiatry strongly values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is committed to hiring excellent and diverse faculty. All genders, BIPOC, LABTQIA+, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Financial Wellness Program Coordinator, University of California, United States, about 6 hours ago
Requisition Number: 33497 Job Title: STUDENT AFFAIRS OFFICER II Working Title: Financial Wellness Program Coordinator Salary: $23.04 - $45.54 hourly Job Type: Contract Department Name: 5075-STUDEN...
500213 Senior Coordinator (Health Educator), The California State University, United States, 6 days ago
Campus: Fullerton Job ID: 500213 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 29, 2021 Closing Date: May 13, 2021 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Link t...
Residence Life Coordinator, The California State University, United States, 3 days ago
Campus: Los Angeles Job ID: 200098 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 30, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4) ...
Clinical Program Coordinator Community Health, Rn, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 11 days ago
Requisition # HRC0490102A Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a ro...
Assistant Athletic Trainer (2 Positions), California State University, Los Angeles, United States, about 9 hours ago
JOB DETAILS Bulletin #200099; 4/29/21 ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER (2 positions) Athletic Trainer II Athletics Salary Range: $3,886-$7,531/Monthly Work Schedule: Full-Time, Various days/hours, exem...
Registered Nurse Iii Radiation Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 1 day ago
Requisition # HRC0533898 -Provides and precisely documents nursing process components and relevant interventions for direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, per...