Job TitleAssistant Director, Environmental Health and Safety
AgencyTexas A&M University System Offices
DepartmentDirector, RELLIS Campus
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationBryan, Texas
$5,667.67 - $9,000.00 per month commensurate with experience.
Job Description Summary:
This position manages health, safety and emergency management issues for RELLIS Campus which includes developing and implementing health and safety policy and programs, including guidance and training; performing health and safety assessments to develop and sustain safety in the workplace; ensuring compliance with applicable regulations; evaluating and interpreting health and safety issues and rules; and providing guidance to RELLIS Campus tenants and members.
- Conduct and/or coordinate programmatic assessment and management of risks facing the RELLIS campus in the areas of emergency management, business continuity, safety, security, health and other areas of risk management.
- Oversee shared services agreements and contracts related to RELLIS risk management and safety.
- Conduct site visits to System and member facilities on the RELLIS campus for inspections, guidance, and training related to emergency management, safety, security, health and other risk management issues.
- Conduct special projects in support of RELLIS Campus safety and risk management.
- Evaluate federal and state laws and regulations, industry best practices and emerging issues.
- Advise campus members on applicable standards and practices; coordinate, review and track proposed legislation, regulations and policies related to risk management issues impacting the RELLIS campus.
- Serve as the RELLIS campus health/safety/emergency management liaison with system members, BLINN College, and others who have a presence or facilities on the RELLIS campus, comprehensively coordinating health/safety/emergency management issues on the campus.
- Provide supervision and direction to other employees assigned to RELLIS risk management and safety department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight years of Environmental Health and Safety related experience.
Registration, Certifications, and Licenses:
- Certified by at least one U.S. nationally recognized safety organization in areas such as industrial hygiene, occupational safety, waste management, recognized equivalent, or ability to obtain certification within one year of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of safety equipment appropriate for areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of security and protection strategies.
- Experienced in creating, exercising, and maintaining emergency management plans according to applicable best practice.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point software programs and GIS programs.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement.
- Though infrequent, this position is considered an essential position and may be expected to assist with operations in the event of an emergency or other campus closures.
- Ability to work beyond the normal office hours and/or on weekends.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
This is a security-sensitive position and is restricted to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents only. Only complete applications will be considered for employment at The Texas A&M System Offices. Incomplete job application data could result in your application being rejected without an option to reapply. A resume may be submitted in addition to a completed employment application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Part Time Faculty Agricultural Sciences (Plant Science), Blinn College, United States, about 10 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023102F Position Title Part-Time Faculty - Agricultural Science...
Part Time Faculty Agricultural Sciences (Ag Business), Blinn College, United States, about 10 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023101F Position Title Part-Time Faculty - Agricultural Science...
Part Time Academic Advisor Technical/Workforce, Blinn College, United States, about 10 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023096P Position Title Part Time Academic Advisor - Technical/W...
Part Time Testing Specialist, Brazos County Campuses, Blinn College, United States, 17 days ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023123P Position Title Part-Time Testing Specialist, Brazos Cou...
Open Rank Professional Track Civil Engineering, Tarleton State University, United States, 16 days ago
Details Posted: 21-Nov-23 Location: Bryan, Texas Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other - Academic/Faculty Internal Number: R-067863 The Department of Mechanical, Environmental, and Civil ...
Part Time Government Instructor [Govt] Spring 2024, Blinn College, United States, about 10 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023110F Position Title Part Time Government Instructor-[GOVT] ...