Location: USA - MA - Boston
Internal Number: 63642BR
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Athletics – Fan Engagement, this Assistant Director – Digital Marketing & Engagement (Athletics) will own the development and execution of digital marketing campaigns focused on overall sport amplification and collaborate with the Director of Business Strategy on revenue generating initiatives. This role will lead and advance the planning, development, and execution of digital marketing campaigns that emphasize audience growth, increased engagement, and revenue generation. In addition to holistically and collaboratively managing the department's short and long-term digital marketing strategy, this role will also assist in the growth and execution of fan engagement and game presentation strategies, working with a portfolio of assigned teams.
- Develop, implement, and optimize high-quality, engaging, and creative digital marketing campaigns and strategies
- Lead the department's email marketing and automation strategy, as well as implementation, using existing email marketing platforms and integrations into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) & ticketing systems, with a focus on supporting the Harvard Athletics brand and generating ticket sales
- Own the strategy and execution for all paid advertising campaigns, including social media, display ads, Out of Home (OOH), and media buys, utilizing an assigned budget and collaborating with external vendors when appropriate
- Assist in the development and execution of an enhanced fan engagement strategy, focused on improving the fan experience, for a portfolio of assigned teams
- Create brand-conscious content (graphics, videos, GIFs, etc.) to enhance engagement across all platforms, including web, email, social media, advertising mediums, in-game videoboards, etc.
- Analyze digital marketing campaign performance metrics and aggregate data to optimize campaign performance, providing recommendations and developing efficiencies in strategy
- Collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders, such as the Ticket Office, Communications, Multimedia, and campus partners, to develop wholistic and comprehensive digital marketing campaigns
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and managing Marketing Interns
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years of professional experience leading and implementing successful digital marketing campaigns and strategies, preferably in the sports industry
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Additional Qualifications (The following additional qualifications are strongly preferred. If you meet some, but not all, you are still encouraged to apply; we value employees with a willingness to learn)
- Event and game management experience
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms and automation (Emma preferred)
- Proficiency with the Adobe Suite, including graphic design and video editing tools, for content creation
- Proficiency with Google Analytics (certification preferred) and experience analyzing/reporting metrics to increase campaign performance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with HTML/CSS
- Demonstrated track record in CRM management
- Understanding of digital marketing best practices
- Experience optimizing websites to maximize campaign effectiveness
- Experience managing a budget
- Possesses analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Well-organized with sharp attention to detail
- Interest or knowledge of sports preferred
- The position requires evening, weekend, and holiday hours and the ability to handle last-minute schedule changes.
Harvard is a highly selective liberal arts college whose mission is to educate citizens and citizen-leaders for our society. The College is a residential institution of nearly 7,000 undergraduates and is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Harvard is deeply committed to the intellectual, social and personal transformation of its undergraduates during their four years at Harvard.
The Department of Athletics offers 42 varsity programs for men and women, more than any other Division I school in the United States. We also offer extensive recreational and intramural programs.
Harvard employees have access to a competitive benefits package that includes multiple options for the health and well-being of our employees as well as ongoing professional development.
All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources. We regret that, due to the number of responses we typically receive, we may be unable to respond to phone calls or contact personally those applicants not selected for an interview.
We regret that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
We actively seek and welcome applications from diverse candidates and from those with a demonstrable commitment to a more inclusive society.
BenefitsWe invite you to visit Harvard's Total Rewards website to learn more about our outstanding benefits package, which may include:
- Paid Time Off: 3-4 weeks of accrued vacation time per year (3 weeks for support staff and 4 weeks for administrative/professional staff), 12 accrued sick days per year, 12.5 holidays plus a Winter Recess in December/January, 3 personal days per year (prorated based on date of hire), and up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents who are primary care givers.
- Health and Welfare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance programs, along with voluntary benefits. Most coverage begins as of your start date.
- Work/Life and Wellness: Child and elder/adult care resources including on campus childcare centers, Employee Assistance Program, and wellness programs related to stress management, nutrition, meditation, and more.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with contributions from 5% to 15% of eligible compensation, based on age and earnings with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive program including $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and reduced tuition through other participating Harvard graduate schools.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Program that provides 75% to 90% reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible courses taken at other accredited institutions.
- Professional Development: Programs and classes at little or no cost, including through the Harvard Center for Workplace Development and LinkedIn Learning.
- Commuting and Transportation: Various commuter options handled through the Parking Office, including discounted parking, half-priced public transportation passes and pre-tax transit passes, biking benefits, and more.
- Harvard Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks: Access to Harvard athletic and fitness facilities, libraries, campus events, credit union, and more, as well as discounts to various types of services (legal, financial, etc.) and cultural and leisure activities throughout metro-Boston.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.
Connections working at Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Tenure Track Professor In Quantum Science And Engineering , Harvard Quantum Initiative, United States, 25 days ago
TENURE-TRACK PROFESSOR IN QUANTUM SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences Harvard Quantum Initiative Cambridge, MA Position Description: The Harvard Quantum Initia...
Assistant Professor Of Astronomy, Harvard University, United States, 1 day ago
Details Title Assistant Professor of Astronomy School Faculty of Arts and Sciences Department/Area Astronomy Position Description The Department of Astronomy seeks to appoint a tenure-track profes...
Research Associate/Research Scientist (Actg), Harvard University, United States, 1 day ago
Details Title Research Associate/Research Scientist (ACTG) School Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Department/Area Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research (CBAR) Position Description Th...
Senior Preceptor In Spanish, Harvard University, United States, 1 day ago
Details Title Senior Preceptor in Spanish School Faculty of Arts and Sciences Department/Area Romance Languages and Literatures Position Description The Department of Romance Languages and Literat...
Senior Associate Director, Annual Digital Giving, Boston College, United States, about 15 hours ago
Boston College Introduction Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,484 full-time undergraduates and 5,250 g...
Preceptor In Ancient Greek, Harvard University, United States, 1 day ago
Details Title Preceptor in Ancient Greek School Faculty of Arts and Sciences Department/Area Classics Position Description The Department of the Classics seeks applications for a preceptor in anci...