Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Manages the University's internal lending program to include the maintenance of capital funding models supporting the program, coordinates the management and execution of debt financing plans and capital market processes, and maintains and updates institutional cash flow budgeting and planning models.
- Manages the day-to-day internal and external debt and swap portfolio activities of the University.
- Coordinates debt related activities with underwriters, financial advisors, and bond counsels on current and future bond transactions with senior leadership in the Finance Division.
- Maintains complex financial modeling related to Emory University's internal capital bank, rating agency liquidity metrics, financial projections and institutional cash flow.
- Performs what-if analyses to determine the impact of changes in financial performance, debt issuance, internal funding alternatives and liquidity on the University.
- Analyzes, interprets and communicates financial information related to debt, liquidity, and institutional cash flow, cost of capital, financial / operational metrics, interest rate derivatives, capital projects, etc.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports and summary materials for leadership.
- Monitors the municipal markets in the higher education and healthcare industries to identify trends and opportunities in capital markets, derivatives, and other financial products.
- Assists in the development and cultivation of external relationships including those with banks, financial advisors, consultants and rating agencies.
- Collaborates with others to manage and drive the timely completion of enterprise-wide special projects and ad-hoc analyses.
- Proactively works to identify projects that drive process improvement, leverage technology, reduce costs and drive economic value.
- Cross trains within all Treasury areas to ensure critical process redundancies. May support acquisition / divestiture activity related to treasury functions including financial modeling, due diligence and treasury integration.
- Assists the senior leadership of central Finance with other activities as needed.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and five years of related financial experience, preferably in a large, complex organization.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- MBA, CTP and treasury, banking, and/or capital markets experience.
- Experience working for a large university or other 501(c) 3, with tax-exempt debt and/or internal capital bank.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience with enterprise-wide ERP systems (PeopleSoft preferred) and financial modeling.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of individuals across the organization at all levels.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Capital Contracts Specialist, Harvard University, United States, 16 days ago
02-Sep-2023 Campus Services 63572BR Job Summary Harvard University: Harvard University is one of the world’s preeminent research universities. Founded in 1636, Harvard is the oldest university in...
Accountant, Arizona State University, United States, 12 days ago
95245BR Campus: Tempe Accountant Job Description Financial Services seeks an Accountant for the Debt, Plant, and Capital Asset Management Accounting area who will: process financial transactions, ...
Assistant Project Manager, Harvard University, United States, 24 days ago
26-Aug-2023 American Repertory Theater 63302BR Job Summary The Assistant Project Manager (APM) will report to the Director of Capital Projects and is responsible for supporting the project managem...
Senior Finance Business Partner (Infrastructure), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
A true business partnering opportunity to achieve strategic direction Level 10 Grade 3 position on a full-time, permanent basis Competitive remuneration plus 17% superannuation The University of W...
Investment Analyst, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 30 days ago
Investment Analyst Office of Industry and Economic Partnerships - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23006441) Supports investment leadership in performing basic quantitative and qualitative due diligence...
Cost Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, about 13 hours ago
This is a re-post. Applicants who applied previously need not re-apply. This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with th...