- Job Type: Officer of Administration --
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Temporary
- End Date if Temporary: 8/31/2021
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Reporting to the Associate Director at the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation, the Assistant Director will assist with the daily activities of the Master of Science in Real Estate Development (MSRED) program, including student advising, faculty affairs, course scheduling, admissions, and special events. Working closely with the Associate Director will serve as the program's liaison with the University offices, the industry, alumni and the general public.
- Assists with MSRED program's teaching schedule and works with the Associate Director, GSAPP Administration and faculty regarding the course offerings and scheduling. Works with the Director on the recruitment and retention of high quality adjunct faculty and guest lectures for the program. Coordinates, attends and participates in the faculty meetings regarding the curriculum and other issues. Works closely with the Dean's Office in the faculty appointment process. Prepares course materials, syllabi, presentation and projects. (20%)
- Working with the Associate Director, the Assistant Director will advise students on course offerings, internships, faculty mentoring, choice of thesis topic/advisor and other academic issues. Works with potential student employers or internship sponsors to recommend/place students with appropriate opportunities. Meets with student Program Council on Program issues/initiatives. (20%)
- Working with the Associate Director, the Assistant Director will serve on the application review committee, reviews applications based on Program criteria. Meets with prospective students regarding the Program's curriculum, career services, housing and financial aid. Works closely with the School's Admissions Office throughout the admissions process. (20%)
- Working with the Associate Director, the Assistant Director will manage the logistics of student attendance of professional conferences, including reservations, travel and follow up. Will attend professional conferences as needed; attend and participate in alumni association planning meetings. Works with the School's Office of Development and Alumni Relations on program specific activities, events, and other initiatives. Will assist with managing special events as needed. Works with the School's Finance Office on disbursement of students' travel stipends and similar Program expenditures. (20%)
- Prepares reports and undertakes special projects as assigned/requested. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned/requested. (10%)
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent experience required. 3-5 years of related experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Excellent writing, oral and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to function independently and exercise discretion and good judgment about sensitive and/or confidential issues. Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and deadlines and a large volume of detailed information required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Work experience in an academic setting desirable.
- Work experience in the field of Real Estate Development preferred.
- Type other requirements and/or special indicators if CUIMC
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Assistant Director, Programs, New York University, United States, 2 days ago
The Center for Publishing is seeking an individual to assist the Executive Director with the strategic and administrative planning, policy development for the department. Responsibilities include...
Senior Associate Director Of Operations, Cornell University, United States, 23 days ago
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage indiv...
Snap Ed Resource Educator Kingston, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 2 hours ago
The Cornell Cooperative Extension Ulster County SNAP-Ed Resource Educator primarily provides strategic and innovative program development, implementation, planning, and coordination of public educ...
Director Of Computing Services Florham & Metro Campuses, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Posting Details Job Title: Director of Computing Services--Florham & Metro Campuses Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ Department: Information Resources & Technology-Metro Hiring Manager: St...
Public Relations And Development Manager Kingston, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 2 hours ago
The Cornell Cooperative Extension Ulster County Public Relations and Development Manager provides management and coordination in the planning and implementation of marketing, stakeholder engagemen...
Cce Of Chemung County Executive Director Elmira, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 2 hours ago
The Executive Director for the Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Chemung County represents and is accountable to the Association Board of Directors and the Director of the Cornell Coope...