Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Reporting to the Senior Director of Capital Improvements and Renewals in Planning, Design and Construction, the successful candidate will provide collaboration, communication, innovation, and leadership in support of the University's construction operation specifically related to Capital Improvement Projects.
- Effectively collaborates with cross-functional team members utilizing skillsets in support of the Emory University's initiatives and vision, mission, and principles.
- Oversees capital improvement projects across the enterprise, including the Oxford Campus.
- Responsible for the administration of managing schedules, budgets, and staffing for capital improvement projects.
- Supports the Senior Director on project workload requirements, goals, budgets, schedules, logistics, special initiatives, and department operations.
- Provides guidance to staff ensuring that projects are executed by focusing on the following principles: cost effectiveness, quality, safety, code compliance, department procedures, and schedule, while meeting program requirements.
- Maintains focus on concurrent projects in various stages of construction.
- Supports the Senior Director in developing departmental guidelines, procedures, measures of success, and services to consistently encourage and demonstrate action in fulfillment of Emory's vision, mission, and principles.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate ideas, provide direction, inspire collaboration, develop, and mentor and train skilled professionals.
- Supports the Senior Director in coordinating design and construction, communications, decision making and problem solving between project clients, Facilities Management, construction teams, architects, designers, and other project stakeholders.
- Conducts post-project evaluations.
- Actively participates in selecting project architects, engineers and other professional consultant and contractors.
- Oversees and assists as needed in the preparation of technical, bidding and construction documents.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor's degree in construction management, facility management, engineering, or architecture, and seven years of demonstrated coordination and management of teams, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. A master's degree is preferred. Must have working knowledge of ADA building requirements, state and local building codes, laboratory and BSL3 experience, and building systems operation and design. Must have ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities. Excellent leadership, organization, and communication skills.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Director, Strategic Infrastructure, Planning And Partnerships, University of Alberta, Canada, about 20 hours ago
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit. In accordance with the Handbook of Employment for Management and Professional Staff (Excluded) , this full-time continuing position offers a com...
Construction Project Manager, Small Projects, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 17 days ago
Construction Project Manager, Small Projects Planning and Design Administration - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008394) Manages capital and/or in-house projects during the design and construction p...
Library Communications & Public Engagement Manager , ;, Ireland, 3 days ago
Applications are invited for a permanent post of a Library Communications & Public Engagement Manager within UCD Library. The mission of UCD Library is to be a leader in enriching the student expe...
Project Coordinator Major Capital Projects, SAIT Polytechnic, Canada, 1 day ago
Project Coordinator - Major Capital Projects Calgary, AB Corporate Services – Facilities Management / APT Permanent Salary / Hybrid Apply for this job SAIT’s Facilities Management department serve...
Cost Manager, University of Alberta, Canada, about 20 hours ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with the Temporary Librarian, Administrative and Professional Officer (TLAPO) A...
Senior Program Manager, Sustainable Buildings, Harvard University, United States, 4 days ago
22-Nov-2023 Campus Services 64432BR Job Summary The Senior Program Manager, Sustainable Buildings will focus on managing and supporting implementation of the University’s Sustainable Building Stan...