Job TitleAssistant Director, Academic Operations
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Why work for Texas A&M Engineering?
Who we are
Texas A&M Engineering is a large employer in the great and growing cities of Bryan/College Station, offering thousands of career opportunities in a wide variety of fields. We are deeply committed to recruiting and retaining a talented workforce that embraces our core values of respect, excellence, leadership, loyalty, integrity, and service. Texas A&M Engineering offers competitive salaries, full benefits, an extensive support network, and above all, an enriching and highly collaborative working community that is deeply passionate about our vision for higher education, research, and public service.
The Assistant Director of Academic Operations (Undergraduate Studies), under the direction of the Associate Department Head for Undergraduate Studies (ADH-UG), oversees and develops programs focused on student success. In coordination with program coordinators (PCs), oversees and develops recruitment and retention activities of the undergraduate programs across the ETID department.
- Assist Undergraduate Associate Department Head in coordinating daily program activities.
- Coordination (under the direction of ADH-UG) of course teaching and scheduling.
- Prepare classroom and lab schedules for undergraduate programs.
- Coordinate with PCs and ADHs (graduate and undergraduate studies) to manage the faculty requests related to course scheduling and TA assignment.
- Assist in preparing the faculty workload and teaching load reports.
- Planning and implementing special events and logistical arrangements for events like career fairs, recruiting events, scholarship banquets, or graduation lunches.
- Coordinates with PCs for timely selection of the scholarship and other awards recipients across all programs in ETID.
- Assists Undergraduate Associate Department Head in coordinating data with the College on entry-to-a major (ETAM).
- Assist the ETID scholarship committee with administrative functions and logistics related to the department-level scholarship selection process.
- Coordinates meetings of Department level committees on scholarship, senior awards, curriculum, etc.
- Generates and analyzes student data through Argos and tracking of data related to enrollment and graduation of undergraduates.
- Prepares and maintains logistics of Laserfiche forms related to undergraduate academic operations and facilitates forms with program coordinators.
- Assist Undergraduate Associate Department Head with preparing letters for student issues such as financial aid, international student admission, and references.
- Works with PCs and Engineering Communications to develop and revise informational materials and newsletters.
- Work with Engineering Communications to keep the website updated on undergraduate programs.
- Responsible for coordinating departmental level recruitment programs (high school, community colleges, and COE). For example, DI Saturday, Night at ZACH, Aggieland Saturday, Engineering Tailgate, lunch and learn, Friday afternoon sessions and lab tour, etc. Coordinating attendance of Faculty and Advisors at theses events.
- Assist faculty in interpreting academic policies and procedures. Manages ETID departmental email account. Serve as textbook liaison for Faculty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we need:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six years of related experience.
What is helpful:
- Master's degree
- Experience in academic operations or advising undergraduate students
- Should have proficiency or be comfortable with information technology, specifically in pulling data from various information systems and creating reports for scheduling and other planning purposes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoints)
- Self-driven with good data analytics skills
- Main Campus – College Station, TX.
- Some positions may have potential for a flexible work schedule or location.
About Engineering Technology & Industrial Distribution
The Department of Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution at Texas A&M University ranks among the top Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution programs in the country, and is a part of the Top 10 ranked Texas A&M University College of Engineering. "Engineering Technology" is the profession in which knowledge of the applied mathematical and natural sciences gained by higher education, practical experience, and competence developed in a specific field is devoted to application of engineering principles and the implementation of technological advances for the benefit of humanity. "Industrial Distribution" applies mathematics, science, engineering technology, business, data processing, communications, quality, and Supply Chain Management to the wholesaling and distribution of technological products.
Texas A&M Engineering provides an outstanding benefits package including but not limited to:
- Competitive health benefits.
- Generous paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Vision, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability insurance options.
- Teachers Retirement System of Texas (TRS), a defined benefit retirement plan with 8% employer contribution.
- Additional Voluntary Retirement Programs: Tax Deferred Account 403(b) and a Deferred Compensation Program 457(b).
- Flexible spending account options for medical and childcare expenses
- Robust free training access through LinkedIn Learning plus professional development opportunities.
- Tuition assistance https://engineering.tamu.edu/information/esac/staff-development/staff-development-opportunities.html
- Wellness program release time offered to employees to promote work/life balance.
Helpful Applicant Information
Required Materials for Application:
- Three work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor/former supervisor.
- Letter of interest
- Recruit and retain high-performing workforce through competitive compensation and career development including career pathing, coaching and skills development.
- Offer total rewards through competitive and equitable pay, flexible benefits, professional development, performance recognition and work-life balance.
- Ensure resources are readily available and utilized to attract and retain the highest quality researchers, faculty, and staff. Exemplify equal pay for equal work, with allowable pay differences based on factors not prohibited by law.
Employment Eligibility Verification
- If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in delay of start date.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Program Specialist Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Program Specialist II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Senior Administrative Coordinator Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Senior Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Technology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Research Engineer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Research Engineer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Energy Systems Lab Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Why...
Financial Accountant Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Financial Accountant III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Tees Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Multimedia Project Specialist I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Multimedia Project Specialist I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Remote Education Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descr...
Technician I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Technician I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Mechanical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Why wo...