College of Education
Job Posting Title
Assistant Dean for the College of Education
The Assistant Dean works directly with the Dean to establish protocol for continuous improvement and to provide clear guidance to faculty members, engage in accreditation and improvement efforts within the College of Education, across campus, and in partnership with the community. The Assistant Dean is also responsible to assist and inform the Dean in all matters of administrative and academic concern. The Assistant Dean will supervise one direct report, the Assistant Program Director for Assessment and Accreditation.
- Doctoral degree in education or related field from a United States accredited institution
- Three years’ experience with program supervision at an institution of Higher Education
- Must be eligible for rank of Associate Professor or higher in the College of Education
- A history of successful teaching, service and scholarship in higher education
- Experience in assessment and accreditation of higher education programs
- Experience in building relationships and partnerships
- Proven presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- P-12 teaching experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to establish scholarly initiatives in the College of Education that align with the priorities of the University
- Ability to build and promote collaborative relationships that support scholarly pursuits
- Budgetary experience
- Strong leadership skills, experience in supervising professional faculty and staff
- Proficient with data-driven decision
- Demonstrated awareness of current trends in teacher preparation and higher education
PRIORITY DEADLINE: The Search Committee will review applications beginning on October 1, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. The expected start date will be between January 12, 2020 and June 13, 2020. An earlier starting date is preferred.
SALARY: Salary range is $80,000 to $97,000
BENEFITS: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Leading assessment/accreditation and curriculum development/planning
- Collaborate with Dean and others to set agendas, lead meetings, and set long and short-term goals
- Represent the college on university committees
- Lead various groups and meetings for the College of Education regarding school programs and accreditation, including CAEP and CACREP
- Ensure broad engagement in program assessment
- Develop and enact strategies and programs to enhance the research climate and opportunities for the College of Education faculty and students
- Act for the Dean in his/her absence
- Work with surrounding schools to build and maintain relationships
- Work with KSDE to prepare and submit programs for review
- Teaches a 1/1/1 course load
- Perform related duties as assigned
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Dr. Ed Hammond, Professor, HESA Program
ABOUT HAYS, KS
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.
Pool Teacher Candidate Supervisor, University of Kansas, United States, about 9 hours ago
16734BR Curriculum & Teaching Position Overview The University of Kansas, Department of Curriculum & Teaching anticipates openings for the position of University Supervisor in the 2020-2021 academ...
Instructional Designer, Grantham University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Who We Are: At Grantham our students are at the forefront of everything we do and we are passionate about maximizing their potential. We have been making a difference and impacting the lives of s...
Lecturer Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, United States, 1 day ago
Position Overview The Chair of the Mechanical Engineering Department invites qualified scholars and professionals to submit applications to teach ME306 for the upcoming Fall2020 and Spring 2021 se...
Admissions Application Coordinator I, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 19 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: The Admissions Application Coordinator I processes medical school/graduate student applications; provides day-to-day clerical/administrative support to the departm...
Pool – Lecturer And/Or Online Lecturer And/Or Online Course Developer, University of Kansas, United States, about 9 hours ago
Contact Information to Applicants Additional Candidate Instruction Application Review Begins