Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Assistant Dean, McDonough School of Business - Georgetown University’s Main Campus
Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business (MSB) Executive Career Development Center comprises a highly specialized team dedicated to supporting the career aspirations of all Executive MBA and specialty Masters Students and Alumni. These aspirations include successful employment placements, career promotion campaigns, executive coaching, leadership development and global executive presence enhancement. Each of the degree programs has a unique student profile, demographic, and delivery format and requires customized solutions for career coaching, employer relations and curricula.
The Assistant Dean provides strategic leadership for and tactical management of career solutions design and delivery for:
- The Georgetown McDonough Executive MBA (EMBA)
- The Georgetown McDonough Executive Masters in Leadership (EML)
- The Georgetown McDonough specialty Masters degrees (MA-IBP and others as they emerge)
Across the Executive Career Development model, the Assistant Dean identifies needs, delineates areas of responsibility, and defines processes in order to ensure that team operations are optimized so that student and alumni services are delivered according to plan. Team operations follow the student life cycle from admissions through alumni status and include admissions support, career curricula and training, coaching, employer relationship development, recruiting, survey deployment, data management and reporting, and the digital resources that facilitate efficiency for all. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Admissions & Executive Outreach, the Assistant Dean has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Setting the Strategy for all Executive Career Development offerings, which includes program design, securing resources, and communicating solution highlights to constituents
- Make strategic connects with Employers, vendors and senior leaders in the different industry segments.
- Managing the team to include, Associate or Assistant Director, to include hiring, performance management, performance reviews
- Contract Coaches comprising the ECD team, to include contracts, invoice oversight, and payment
- Managing the budget to include annual budget planning, spend management, and reporting
- Deliver one-year, six-module Executive Career Development solution (EMBA)
- Deliver 4-module Executive Career Development solution (EML)
- Deliver multi-format Executive Career Development solution (MA_-IBP and others as they emerge)
- Deploy appropriate executive assessments
- Manage annual events
- Manage annual Executive Bio Book production
- Develop portfolio of executive search and corporate recruiter relationships
- Deliver 4-module Executive Career Development solution
- Master’s degree required.
- At least fifteen years of professional leadership experience in human resources, organizational development, professional development, and or career development arenas.
- Career development expertise, with specific insights into job search and promotions strategy, tools, and practices.
- Exceptional executive-level presentation design and delivery skills.
- Exceptional one-on-one coaching skills.
- Proven ability to marshal formal and informal teams and to establish and monitor workflows and processes. Adept with written communication both to inform and influence across digital and traditional print media.
- Career Coaching and or Leadership Coaching certification(s) highly preferred.
- Executive resume writing skills, also highly preferred.
- Extensive experience in course development and deployment. Ability to manage and evaluate staff performance.
- Competent with online media to include databases, inter and intranet content managers, social media sites, and campus recruiting software.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Cross-cultural relationship management and negotiation.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
Assistant Professor In Condensed Matter Theory, Physics, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Georgetown -Physics -CMT [#14254] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Are...
Assistant Professor Of Culture And Politics, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -CULP [#14643] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Areas:...
Assistant Professor, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -DATA [#14327] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Areas:...
Assistant Professor Of The Politics Of The Arab World, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -CCAS [#14305] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Area: ...
Assistant Professor, Theology Department, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Georgetown -Theo -AP [#14641] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20007, United States [map ] Subject Area: R...
Assistant Professor In Cybersecurity And Artificial Intelligence, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Georgetown -SFS -CYBERAI [#14342] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Washington, District of Columbia 20057, United States [map ] Subject Are...