Harold Washington College (HWC) is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
Reporting to the Executive Director - Center of Excellence in Business, the Assistant Dean - Center of Excellence in Business, is responsible for the development, implementation and management of professional and personal development courses under the college’s Continuing Education Program. Performs related duties as required.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Continuing Education (CE) Program.
- Supervises program staff and oversees all program aspects including developing and scheduling courses, budgeting, registration, selection and hiring of instructors, and assessment of courses and learning outcomes, and program marketing.
- Identifies and recommends CE instructional and staffing needs to the Associate Dean of Center of Excellence in Business (COEB). Interviews and recommends to the Dean selection of part-time faculty. Evaluates part-time faculty and recommends retention or non-retention.
- Assists in developing and implementing a comprehensive orientation program for part-time faculty, in conjunction with the Office of Human Resources at the College and the District Office.
- Assists in implementing the prior learning assessment (PLA) policy.
- Prepares and develops budgets for the division in cooperation with the Business Office. Assists the Associate Dean in monitoring the budget.
- Develops and implements procedures for the request, purchase and maintenance of instructional equipment and supplies and ensures the maintenance of accurate inventory control.
- Works with the Registrar’s Office to facilitate seamless registration processes for the Continuing Education Program consistent with District policies and procedures.
- Assists the Associate Dean to develop CE programs and training programs based on community and industrial needs.
- Represents the college to community organizations and agencies and participates on district-wide committees.
- Assists in writing proposals to seek external funding for specific projects and initiatives that require support beyond the District’s capabilities.
- Uses computer software to prepare memoranda and spreadsheet reports detailing activities and statistics.
- Maintains close attention to detail in all aspects of each assignment to ensure accuracy of information and reports.
- Serves as weekend and/or evening administrator for the College.
- Required to adhere to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Three years of work experience as a college administrator, program chair, faculty member, or related program management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of planning, program development, evaluation, and budgeting, preferably in a community college setting.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the District at various meetings and outside gatherings.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data, and prepare clear and thorough reports.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the College.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Director, Public Relations And Communications, The University of Chicago, United States, 12 days ago
Department BSD DIV - Administration About the Department The Biological Sciences Division (BSD) is the largest unit of the University. Established in 1930, the BSD is comprised of faculty from the...
Collegiate Scholars Program Coordinator, The University of Chicago, United States, about 18 hours ago
Department Civic Engagement OCE Directors About the Department The University of Chicago is one of the world's preeminent research universities committed to open, rigorous, and intense inquiry and...
Senior Director, Administration, The University of Chicago, United States, 9 days ago
Department UCPE Leadership Administration About the Department Job Summary The job manages multiple related teams of managers and professional staff within the University, primarily in the areas o...
Temporary Classroom Facilitator, The University of Chicago, United States, 12 days ago
Department Booth Marketing: Content About the Department The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to inf...
Assistant Director, , The University of Chicago, United States, 13 days ago
Department BSD PSM - Multicultural Affairs About the Department In our size, geographic location, and organizational structure, in the diversity of our student body and the strong bonds of our com...
Assistant Dean, Advancement, Illinois Institute of Technology, United States, about 4 hours ago
Position Details Position Title Assistant Dean, Advancement Requisition # S00742P FLSA Exempt Location IIT-Downtown Campus (DTC), Chicago, IL Department CK Development Office GENERAL DESCRIPTION I...