Job TitleAssistant Controller
AgencyTexas A&M University - Commerce
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCommerce, Texas
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience ” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Assistant Controller, under general supervision, assists the Associate Vice President for Finance & Administration (Comptroller) with operational activities in the supervision and control of financial activities. Monitors fiscal health and direct capital project accounting. Provides oversight by ensuring effective and efficient operations of accounting activities in the Financial Reporting System.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and oversight of financial activities related to accounts payable, grants accounting, property management, state accounting and general ledger accounting. Oversees and ensures accounting and budgeting consistency and compliance and presents recommendation for fiscal changes
- Serves as contact to State & System Internal auditors and assists with the coordination of financial audits, as necessary.
- Assists team the Annual Financial Report (AFR) for Texas A&M University – Commerce (TAMUC), in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) guidelines and State of Texas and Texas A&M System guidelines. Assists in development and reconciliation of USAS adjusting entries for electronic reporting and entry of the AFR.
- Reviews, develops, updates, and approves the policies and procedures accounts payable and travel, grants accounting, state accounting, general ledger accounting, financial reporting and property management.
- Prepares monthly investment income allocation reports to distribute investment income to appropriate University fund groups and accounts. Compiles reports to various income producing areas on campus identifying the income and cost history of the related area. Prepares reports of estimated University incomes for uses by the Vice President for Finance and Administration and maintains revenue history for reporting purposes.
- Provides assistance in preparation of annual budget for the University including, but not limited to, developing revenue estimates, preparing budget estimates for major university-wide expenditures such as utilities, OASI, retirement and health insurance benefits assists in the preparation of the University’s Programmatic Budget Review, as needed.
- Serves as a member on the University’s Finance Council which reports directly to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- Prepares financial statements for annual KETR audit.
- Works with budget office to ensure new accounts are established, attributes are updated as appropriate, and departmental structural changes are maintained.
- Works with Office of Financial Aid on reconciling items for all financial aid sources (state and federal), and reviews and reconciles annual FISAP.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Five (5) years of related experience in managing accounting or budgeting operations. Advanced knowledge and experience using word processing, spreadsheet, and database, applications. Thorough knowledge of State Financial and Legislative Reporting requirements. Knowledge of various types of insurance policies and related legal requirements mandated by the state. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with auditors to resolve issues or implement changes to improve work efficiency and internal controls. Ability to direct multifunction work teams.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
CPA preferred. Master’s degree in Accounting. Accounting management experience in higher education.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Accounts Payable Supervisor, Senior Accountant, Accountant & Property Manager, and State Accounting Manager.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Tti Assistant Research Scientist, TTI, United States, about 24 hours ago
Job Title TTI Assistant Research Scientist Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Center of Alcohol & Drug Education Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Jo...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, TAMHSC, United States, 13 days ago
Job Title Postdoctoral Research Associate Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Pharmacy-Instruction Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas...
Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow 1, TAMHSC, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow-1 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, T...
Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow 2, TAMHSC, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow-2 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, T...
Research Assistant, TAMHSC, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Research Assistant Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Neuroscience & Experimental Therapeutics Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Jo...
Research Assistant Reddy Lab 1, TAMHSC, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Research Assistant - Reddy Lab 1 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Neuroscience & Experimental Therapeutics Proposed Minimum Salary $17.00 hourly Job Location ...