Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Assistant Coach, Women’s Lacrosse - Department of Athletics - Georgetown University
The Assistant Coach for Women’s Lacrosse recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches NCAA Division I Women’s Lacrosse student-athletes, under the guidelines of Georgetown, the BIG EAST Conference and NCAA; carries out duties within the stated philosophy of Georgetown athletics and its educational mission; and follows all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations to insure compliance.
With general policy guidance from the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Make decisions to successfully achieve department goals and objectives, and be accountable for the development of team policies and goals
- Actively participate in practices and competitions, including, but not limited to, game preparation (including developing strategies and game plans), practice planning, skill and video sessions (including working individually with, advising, and critiquing student-athletes to develop and improve their skills), scouting opposing teams and players (including analyzing their strengths and weaknesses), scheduling, weight training and fitness programs
- Evaluate prospective student-athletes, and analyze and determine their abilities and whether they may succeed athletically and academically at Georgetown
- Recommend or determine which prospective student-athletes the team should focus its time and resources to recruit, and contact and recruit such prospects
- Perform additional duties, such as monitoring of student-athlete academic performance; conducting, advising, and counseling student-athletes regarding performance and conduct; identifying and addressing student-athlete welfare issues; and representing the University in donor/alumni public relations and community program
The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach of Women’s Lacrosse Coach. The Head Coach reports to the Athletic Director. There are approximately 50 positions (full-time, part-time and volunteer) called Assistant Coach who support all intercollegiate programs. There are two Assistant Coaches in Women’s Lacrosse.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified, preferably at college or university o r an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of lacrosse
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes
- Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques
- Ability to create a database for all prospects
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- General knowledge of budget preparation and fiscal management
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; must be insurable
- Proficiency with computer use and relevant Microsoft applications
- Availability to work weekends and evenings
Current First Aid/CPR certification
Work Mode: On Campus. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation .
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website .
Head Women's Volleyball Coach, Ave Maria University, United States, 1 day ago
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The primary duty of the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach is to teach, train, and develop the skills of student athletes in the sports of volleyball and beach volleyball while integra...
Assistant Football Coach, Offensive Coordinator, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 1 hour ago
Assistant Football Coach, Offensive Coordinator Athletics Administration - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008728) The University of Pittsburgh Athletic Department is seeking qualified candidates for...
Assistant Director Of Coaching, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 14 days ago
Would you like to have the ‘best job in the world?’ Are you passionate about guiding others to find their North Star and be the best they can be? Are you also committed to high quality coaching pr...
Assistant Coach, Women's Golf, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 4 days ago
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . Please do not apply h...
Director Of Women's Soccer Operations, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 1 hour ago
Director of Women's Soccer Operations Athletics Administration - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008846) The University of Pittsburgh’s Athletic Department is currently seeking a qualified Director o...
Undergraduate Academic Advisor, Bellevue University, United States, 15 days ago
Primary Function: The role of a Student Coach is to provide knowledgeable assistance to students to help ensure completion of degree(s) and achievement of educational goals. Assistance is provid...