Job ID: 44300
- Bachelor's degree in Sport Administration or a related field
- Three (3) years of track & field/cross country coaching experience; may include collegiate, professional, or club coaching experience
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, including both oral and written
- High-level commitment toward program, department, & university needs
- Proficient knowledge and commitment to NCAA, ACC, and University rules and regulations
- Ability to collaborate with support staff in pursuit of optimum performance & academic success
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard workweek including nights, weekends, and travel as required
- Strong history of recruiting & coaching Division I All-Conference performers and Division I Indoor & Outdoor NCAA Championship participants in jump events
- 5+ years Division I coaching experience overseeing jump events
The Assistant Track & Field/Cross Country Coach has the primary function of assisting the Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach with the programmatic oversight and recruiting coordination of jump events for the University of Louisville Track & Field/Cross Country program. This will include all recruiting, training, competition, and welfare relating to the student-athletes on a daily basis. This position will report to the Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach.
- Plan, organize, & implement all components of jump events
- Provide event-specific instruction including techniques, conditioning, and competitive tactics
- Successfully identify and recruit talented student-athletes into the program who are able to become strong athletic, academic, and community representatives of the University of Louisville
- Set up, implement, and tear down event specific practice sessions
- Serve as the team Academic Liaison
- Manage the assigned group TMP and Cara log
- Promote an atmosphere of compliance within the program through strict adherence to NCAA, ACC and university rules and regulations through monitoring of program activities, active involvement and commitment to continuous rules education, timely submission of compliance-related documents, and immediate reporting of any knowledge of potential rules violation involving self or others
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics
The Athletic Department is committed to creating equitable and inclusive campus environments that accelerate the success of the full range of our students and employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices, research agendas, and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of the increasingly diverse student populations we admit and hope to serve.
The Athletic Department encourages candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, will work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and will serve the increasingly diverse students we admit and want to attract.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone 502-852-6258.
Technical Specialist Multi Events, McGill University, Canada, 21 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Defensive Secondary Coach, Ave Maria University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Ave Maria University is seeking applicants for the position of Defensive Secondary Coach. It is a full-time, 12-month position that reports to the Defensive Coordinator and to the Head Football C...
Transportation, Bryn Mawr College, United States, about 1 hour ago
Additionally, the Department supplies the Tri-College Community with a rental service that is dependable, secure and affordable. In case of bad weather, Bryn Mawr College will have information abo...
Asst/Assoc Football Coach, University of Mississippi, United States, about 17 hours ago
The University of Mississippi is currently accepting applications for Assistant/Associate Football Coach, level to be determined by scope of relevant experience, to assist the Head Coach in all as...
Academic Support, Bryn Mawr College, United States, about 2 hours ago
The Office of Academic Support helps students explore effective techniques for studying, test-taking, note-taking, and time and stress management so that they can feel confident and motivated in t...
Bus Driver Full & Part Time, Stony Brook University, Peru, about 14 hours ago
Bus Driver - Full & Part Time Required Qualifications: Per Civil Service Standards and Specifications. Must have, keep and maintain a valid NYS CDL Class B Driver’s License with Passenger and Air ...