The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct. In keeping with this mission, the role of the Assistant Varsity Strength Coach is to support quality varsity programs that challenge and develop the physical, mental and personal abilities of student-athletes of Division I programs. The main role of the Assistant Varsity Strength Coach is to develop and administer performance programs for varsity Rowing and other programs to be decided.
The secondary role is to assist with the maintenance and upgrade recommendations of the performance facilities.
This position is a term position with possibility of renewal.
• Assist with the development of performance programs in conjunction with the Director of Performance and the Associate Head Coach of Strength & Conditioning for Division I Rowing and other programs to be decided.
• Develop twelve-month sport specific resistance programs for varsity intercollegiate programs.
• Develop conditioning programs that address cardiovascular demands of the sport.
• Develop flexibility/stretching programs.
• Responsible for continuous testing and evaluations of student-athletes on a routine basis.
• Provide direct instruction to all student-athletes, as well as providing assessment and documentation tools, in order to assure proper explanation of training techniques.
• Conduct orientation sessions for all teams by explaining/demonstrating modalities of physical training used for each varsity program.
• Document athletes' workouts.
• Develop strength and conditioning manuals used by off- term and/or summer student-athletes. Assist with the scheduling of all varsity intercollegiate training facilities.
• Support and communicate with team doctors, staff nutritionists, athletic trainers, and coaches to serve student-athlete needs.
• Provide educational support regarding nutritional and supplemental products and reinforce drug free environment, in accordance with FDA recommendations, and Ivy League and NCAA guidelines.
• Work in conjunction with coaching staff in order to implement all aspects of training including scheduling, technique training, supervision, and goal setting.
• Develop maintenance schedule for equipment, perform and document periodic equipment safety checks, and remove from use any unsafe equipment.
• Maintain and enforce policies and procedures for use and risk management of all intercollegiate training facilities.
• Recommend facility upgrades and improvements including the recommendation and purchase of equipment for intercollegiate training facilities based on independent research.
• Successful background in coaching strength and conditioning.
• Ability to manage and schedule varsity intercollegiate training facilities.
• Ability to develop and administer strength and conditioning programs.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Functional computer skills.
• Possess the ability to work within the Department of Athletics and to communicate effectively with other coaches, students, administrators and medical training staff athletes of a Division I program.
• Adhere to Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
• Commitment to Department of Athletics mission of Education Through Athletics and the values that define what it means to Be A TIGER.
• An understanding of the fundamental role that intercollegiate athletics, properly implemented, can play in the educational development of our student-athletes.
• SCCC certification or CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist).
• First Aid and CPR certification.
• Olympic Weightlifting Certification preferred (USAW or Totten Training Systems)
• Advanced degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Term extension is a possibility.
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate’s current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.
Assistant Coach Wrestling, Rutgers University, United States, 12 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Coach - Wrestling Job Category Staff & Executive - Athletics Department Athletics Events - Operations Overview The Rutgers Division of Intercol...
Assistant Coach Women's Rowing, Rutgers University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Coach - Women's Rowing Job Category Staff & Executive - Athletics Department Athletics Events - Operations Overview The Rutgers Division of Int...
Assistant Coach (Multiple Vacancies), Rutgers University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Coach (Multiple Vacancies) Posting Number 21TM0196 Department Athletics & Recreation - Nwk Overview Posting Summary Rutgers University- Newark ...
Spirit Program Assistant, Rutgers University, United States, 22 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Spirit Program Assistant Posting Number 21TM0168 Department Athletics Mktg & Communication Overview Posting Summary Rutgers, The State University of New ...
Job Coach, Rutgers University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Job Coach Posting Number 21TM0056 Department GSAPP - Center for Adult Autism Srvcs Overview Posting Summary Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, ...
Postdoctoral Associate In The Clef Lab (Cortex, Learning, Epigenetic And Function) In Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Postdoctoral Associate in the CLEF Lab (Cortex, Learning, Epigenetic and Function) in Behavioral Neuroscience Department SAS - Psychology Salary Commensu...