Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The part time regular Assistant Coach, Baseball is responsible for assisting in the coaching and teaching of students, game and practice preparation and execution, compliance with NCAA, and conference rules/regulations, assisting with appropriate recruitment of scholar athletes, assisting with general team administrative work. Depending on the unique skills of the successful candidate, there may be other duties assigned within the Department. This is a regular benefit eligible position with expected work schedule of 20 hours per week outside the athletic season and flexing up to 40 hours in the specific 20-week athletic season.
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrating a high level of teaching and coaching competency in sport skill instruction, sport strategy, tactics and rules, physical training and fitness and student motivation in practice execution. Will work with the head coach but will be able to run practice sessions independently as needed and scheduled.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes; collaborating with the head coach and certified athletic trainers to support students in all ways. Student health and safety are our highest priorities.
- Demonstrating appropriate understanding and skills of recruitment activiites of scholar athletes at the most highly selective and academically rigorous institution. Above reproach in messaging with families and confidential student data.
- General team focused and student support duties as assigned including but not limited to: team transportation and meals, organizing camps and clinics, taking care of equipment and facilities, interfacing with alumni.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to the rules and expectations of Caltech, the NCAA, and the SCIAC, at all times. This includes excellent sportsmanship, a commitment to be a positive leader and role model at all times and the desire and ability to be a first class representative of the Institute at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including writing, speaking, and listening and teaching pedagogy.
- Demonstrate professionalism in work effort, reliability, collegiality and all interactions. Ability to attend and contribute to department staff meetings and division of student affairs programs.
- Other duties in the department of athletics, physical education and recreation as needed and appropriate utilizing other skill sets such as: strength and conditioning, game management, sports information tasks, physical education instruction, group fitness instruction, lifeguard, recreation center operation and facility supervision.
- Must secure and maintain valid driver license during employment.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of the sport.
- Knowledge of SCIAC & NCAA rules and regulations.
- CPR, AED, First Aid certifications.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Each coaching staff member may be required to perform physical tasks such as:
- Lifting, carrying, loading sport specific equipment up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Set up and tear down of sports contest support equipment.
- Actively demonstrate sport skill to students, including playing the sport as needed.
- Some care and maintenance of sport specific or general athletic facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Collegiate playing experience.
- Organized coaching experience.
- Teaching through digital images; creating and using emerging technologies.
- Professional Resume
- Cover Letter
- 1 page Coaching Philosophy
Nurse Practitioner Medical Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 26 days ago
Our Nurse Practitioner (NP) will be responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practice, research involvement, consultative services, inter- an...
Senior Coordinator, Male Success Initiative, Cal Poly Pomona, United States, 6 days ago
Details Posted: 22-Feb-24 Location: Pomona, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Student Affairs/Services Internal Number: 5038735 Senior Coordinator, Male Succ...
Director, It Services, Biola University, United States, 2 days ago
Director, IT Services What’s in it for you? • Biola’s Christ-centered and biblically based foundation contributes to Biola’s exceptional work culture and environment. • There is generous medical, ...
Nu Star Calibration And Operations Scientist, California Institute of Technology, United States, about 23 hours ago
As one of the largest employers in Pasadena, CA, Caltech is committed to providing comprehensive benefits to eligible employees and their eligible dependents. Our benefits package includes competi...
Business Operations Manager, California Institute of Technology, United States, 11 days ago
Details Posted: 17-Feb-24 Location: Pasadena, California Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Business/Finance Internal Number: 5031994 Business Operations Manager Caltech Job Category: Fullt...
Lieutenant, Patrol Operations, California State University, Northridge, United States, about 20 hours ago
Apply now Job no:535542 Work type:Management (MPP) Location:Northridge Categories:MPP, At-Will, Full Time, Safety At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community! CSUN...