Job Description SummaryUnder the direction of the Director of Recreation and Competitive Sports, the Club Men’s Volleyball Assistant Coach is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and operation of the team in conjunction with the team’s Head Coach and executive board. The Assistant Coach is required to help schedule and be present during all practices and competitions, ensuring all safety standards and guidelines as defined by the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation Governance and NECVL Rules. In addition, the Assistant Coach should help the Club Men’s Volleyball Team on campus, while encouraging the members to publicize the team in new and creative ways in order to expand membership.
- The assistant coach is required to be present during all practices and games, ensuring all safety standards and guidelines as defined by the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation Governance, NECVL, and Bentley University.
- The assistant coach will help the head coach with skill development and volleyball techniques and strategies in practices and games.
- Attend required league meetings in coordination with the Head Coach.
- Work with Team President and Head Coach on scheduling games in accordance with NECVL.
- Attend away games and post-season tournaments that may require overnight stays.
- Assist in creating, instructing, and implementing in-game strategies and practice plans.
- Represent Bentley University in a manner that is consistent with the mission of the university and Bentley Athletics.
- Be available to team members to counsel on matters relating to Club Men’s Volleyball, and team morale.
- Meet as needed with the appropriate Athletic Department Administrative staff on things pertaining to Club Men’s Volleyball.
- Assist with recruitment and awareness efforts with regards to Club Men’s Volleyball as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, information sessions, university events, community outreach, and related support throughout the season/offseason.
- Management of student participants by reinforcing their commitment to academic performance while balancing participation on an extracurricular team.
- Manage the balance of individual team needs and time away from campus for practices and games.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years prior coaching or playing experience with a competitive Volleyball Program, working with a higher education undergraduate population or adolescent/young adult individuals, as in a school, camp, or related setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching abilities with a commitment to developing and maintaining a positive and productive playing environment.
- Prior experience teaching volleyball skills/techniques to individuals with varying skill-levels.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups. Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- First Aid and CPR training is required.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver’s license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley’s insurance carrier.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Assistant Coach 2 Volleyball, Boston College, United States, about 24 hours ago
Boston College Introduction Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,484 full-time undergraduates and 5,250 g...
Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer, Brandeis University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Brandeis University is delighted to announce a career opportunity as the Assistant Coach – Women’s Soccer in the Athletics Department. At Brandeis, we offer a competitive benefits and compensation...
Assistant Coach Women's Ice Hockey Pt Contractor (2 Positions), Framingham State University, United States, about 4 hours ago
About Framingham State University: Framingham State University was founded in 1839 for a singular purpose - meeting a public need to promote the public good. At our founding as the nation's first...
Temporary Assistant Coach, Track & Field, Brandeis University, United States, 17 days ago
Assists the head coach in running a successful track and field program which competes as a NCAA Division IIIprogram and as a member of the University Athletic Association (UAA). This includes prac...
Temporary Asst. Coach (High Jump), Track & Field, Brandeis University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Assists the head coach in running a successful track and field program which competes as a NCAA Division III program and as a member of the University Athletic Association (UAA). This includes pra...
Assistant Director, Student Success, School Of Public Health, Student Affairs (23500547311205), Boston University, United States, about 24 hours ago
The Assistant Director of Student Success will direct all student communications and will be responsible for the retention of students by developing supportive programming to facilitate student le...