The Department of Surgery is seeking an Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator to provide duties related to administrative support to three General Surgery research faculty as well as assistance with planned and ongoing clinical research studies. Administrative duties include managing clinical and academic calendars; scheduling meetings and conferences; and assisting with license and society membership renewals, conference registration, and travel. Clinical research assistance includes tracking of research project progress, preparation of documents required to initiate research studies such as protocol preparation, interaction with the Scientific Research Committee, Institutional Review Board, Clinical Trials Office, Research Management Group, statisticians, and collaborators in multiple disciplines, including bench investigators. Research work also involves assistance searching and collecting information from the medical record, institutional research databases, creation and maintenance of study-specific databases, manuscript preparation and review, and submission. Work is conducted under the supervision of the principal investigator and/or study coordinator/supervisor.
This is a unique opportunity to receive mentorship from faculty on the cutting edge of surgery, work closely with research teams to produce world-class clinical research, and gain insight into academic medicine.
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award- winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Research Duties (50%):
- Collect patient information by reviewing electronic medical records and organize data for analysis in retrospective research studies.
- Interface with patients in order to administer research questionnaires.
- Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data. Call patients for reminders or other requirements.
- Correspond with the Institution Review Board and the Cancer Clinical Trials Office in order to open, close, and renew research studies, register new patients consented for clinical trials, and submit adverse event and case report forms.
- Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory documents. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs. File all appropriate correspondence.
- Assist in the preparation and publication of research abstracts and manuscripts by working with biostatisticians, residents, and faculty to analyze completed data and write up research findings.
- Consent patients for blood draws in prospective research studies. May be required to prepare, process, and ship specimens and samples accurately under well-defined requirements.
- May work closely with and assist the Clinical Research Coordinators on prospective trials.
Non-Research Duties (50%)
- Schedule meetings and interviews for faculty, update calendars, and reserve meeting locations.
- Arrange travel in compliance with department, university, and sponsor policies.
- Answer phone calls from patients and hospital support staff and forward to scheduling team and new patient coordinators. Communicate patients’ concerns or questions to nurses and faculty.
- Submit expense reimbursements for faculty.
- Renew memberships and journal subscriptions for faculty.
- Assist in billing patients and insurers by filling out relevant documents.
- Retrieve and send faxes and routine correspondence regarding patient information and deliver scans to nurses.
- Send emails to team members, hospital staff, and faculty. Respond promptly to email correspondence.
Duties may vary based on faculty’s research studies.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Four year college degree in a related field.
- Prior clinical or research experience, including undergraduate experience.
- Experience with project management or coordination.
- Experience working with healthcare professionals and clinical research participants.
- Experience with University related research policies and procedures.
- Experience working with Internal Review Boards
- Organization, independence, and attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General knowledge of medical terminology.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk-based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
Faculty Appointment International Security Policy, Freeman Spogli Institute, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Stanford University -Freeman Spogli Institute -FP [#18246] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Stanford, California 94305, United States Subje...
Director Of Resources And Operations, The California State University, United States, 10 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 500131 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 28, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Program Manager Scientific & Community Engagement, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position Description: Additional Ventures seeks a Program Manager, Scientific & Community Engagement (PM) with a scientific background to be an integral part of its small team that is focused on s...
Budget And Administrative Specialist, The California State University, United States, 25 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499906 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 12, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...
Title Ix Investigator, The California State University, United States, 23 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499994 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 14, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Marketing Specialist, The California State University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499934 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 7, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Link ...