Job TitleAssistant Athletic Trainer
AgencyTexas A&M University - Commerce
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCommerce, Texas
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience ” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting with coverage for prevention care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for the department of intercollegiate athletics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the inventory within the Athletic Training Department. Develop and maintain inventory list to assist the Head Athletic Trainer in acquiring supplies, organizing supplies and distributing to athletic training facilities.
- Responsible for all modality certification on an annual basis.
- Oversee ordering of supplies and materials necessary to keep athletic training room functioning.
- Manage equipment maintenance, repairs, and replenishment in all four athletic training spaces.
- Assists with the supervision of Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and Athletic Training Students.
- Assists with the supervision of the custodial and maintenance schedules for all athletic training facilities.
- Assists the Associate Athletics Director – Sports Medicine with other assigned administrative duties.
- Assists with the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injured student-athletes.
- Assists with the practice/game preparation and coverage for the athletic teams.
- Travels with assigned teams as needed.
- Assists with the medical treatment, rehabilitation and physician prescription records for all student-athletes
- Coordinates and provides written and verbal follow-ups to Head Coaches regarding student-athlete medical care. Serves as Liaison between the team physicians and Head Coaches.
- Assists with coordination of the athletic training services and coverage schedules for summer camps.
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of collegiate level athletic training experience
- Knowledge / Skills: Good computer skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Certification. Eligible to apply for a Texas Athletic Trainers License. Certified in CPR / AED for the professional rescuer.
- Physical Requirements: Essential functions are, but not limited to, lifting, carrying equipment, sitting, climbing, kneeling, standing and walking. Ability to sit and stand for long periods. Ability to occasionally lift objects over 30 lbs.
- Other Requirements: Ability to travel and work nights and weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in applicable field
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Athletic training student and graduate assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Tfs Purchasing Department Head, Texas A&M Forest Service, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title TFS Purchasing Department Head Agency Texas A&M Forest Service Department Fiad Associate Director's Office Proposed Minimum Salary $6,083.34 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas J...
Financial Accountant I, Texas A&M Forest Service, United States, 28 days ago
Job Title Financial Accountant I Agency Texas A&M Forest Service Department Budgets & Accounting Department Proposed Minimum Salary $3,500.00 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type S...
Program Manager P12, TAMHSC, United States, 27 days ago
Job Title Program Manager P12 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Academic Affairs Com Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Simulation Coordinator, TAMHSC, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title Simulation Coordinator Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Clinical Learning Resource Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job T...
Senior Health Physicist, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Senior Health Physicist Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Nuclear Engineering and Science Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type S...
Licensing Associate, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Licensing Associate Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Commercialization And Entrepreneurship Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff...