Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position provides oversight of academic enrichment and support services for student athletes. The incumbent directs academic tutoring and mentoring programs for student athletes, develops and implements policies and procedures related to academic support, creates evaluation programs to enhance academic effectiveness, and provides guidance and supervision to staff.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provides oversight of academic enrichment and support for student athletes.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to the academic support and success of student athletes.
- Creates individual academic plans for at-risk student athletes.
- Meets daily with at-risk student athletes to discuss assigned caseloads.
- Oversees programs and processes ensuring the accuracy of reporting data including progress reports and compliance with tutoring and mentoring programs.
- Collects data and reviews reports for NCAA compliance accuracy.
- Establishes and maintains tutoring program agreements with university partners.
- Stays abreast of and assures adherence to NCAA, SEC, and University rules and regulations.
- Serves as liaison with university employees to enhance the academic success of student athletes.
- Oversees development of training programs for staff ensuring compliance with NCAA rules and institutional procedures.
- Coordinates student athlete scholarship program and communicates with donors the selection and nomination processes.
- Provides guidance and supervision for staff.
- Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with department, University, Southeastern Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Three (3) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Substitution Statement: Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Any candidate who is called for an interview must notify the Department of Human Resources in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Academic Coach And Coordinator, Arizona State University, United States, 21 days ago
83905BR Campus: Tempe CDR SDA Admin Job Description Sun Devil Athletics seek an Academic Coach who, under the general direction and supervision of the Associate Director, the incumbent is responsi...
Cdr Athletics Compliance, Arizona State University, United States, 12 days ago
84304BR Campus: Tempe Cdr Athletics Compliance Job Description The Coordinator of Athletics Compliance is responsible for providing a high level of professional service by advising and educating A...
Assistant Football Coach (Temporary), Department Of Athletics – Georgetown University, Georgetown University, United States, 11 days ago
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitmen...
Temporary Athletics Academic Tutor (Pool) (Job Id: 44458), University of Louisville, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job ID: 44458 Location: undefined Minimum Qualifications Must have at least 45 credit hours earned toward an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university Must have at least a 3.00...
Manager, On Campus Recruiting, Arizona State University, United States, 26 days ago
83843BR Campus: Tempe Manager SDA Admin Job Description Under general direction, Arizona State Football is seeking a Manager of On-Campus Recruiting Operations to assist in the development, implem...
Athletic Events Coordinator, Arizona State University, United States, about 1 hour ago
84791BR Campus: Tempe CDR SDA Admin Job Description Under administrative direction, the Events Coordinator schedules and coordinates athletic events and to a lesser degree, public events. Reports ...