VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested.
|Position Title||Assistant Academic Dean- Physical Sciences|
|Salary Range||Per faculty salary schedule - DOQ|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Anticipated Start Date||06/01/2023|
|Campus||Brenham, Bryan, Schulenburg, Sealy, RELLIS, Distance Education|
|Extended Open Deadline|
Position Summary Information
Serves as the district Assistant Academic Dean for the Physical Sciences, including Chemistry, Geology, and Physics, for all Blinn Campuses (Brenham, Bryan, RELLIS, Schulenburg, Sealy, and Distance Education) and provides assistance and leadership to the Academic Dean in developing and maintaining curriculum and programs that respond to service area needs. Additionally, promotes activities, strategies, and processes that prepare students for success while meeting the requirements of all internal and external accreditation entities. Helps lead the instructional areas within their division in planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
1. Ensure that faculty members follow College’s policies and procedures.
2. Assist with the interview process, along with the Dean and search committee.
3. Assist and support new faculty hires in obtaining all required credentialing documents prior to start date; work with HR regarding ensuring receipt of proper employment and hiring documentation.
4. Evaluate full-time and part-time faculty in conjunction with the Academic Dean and Department Heads.
5. Actively participate in meetings, committee assignments, and initiatives to meet College goals
6. Monitor Division’s annual budgets.
7. Collaborate with dean, curriculum resource team (CRT), and other stakeholders to develop new or to improve current programs; when necessary work with Dean, Department Head, CRT and administrative staff to develop plans for degree program phase-out
8. Mediate student conflicts and prepare appropriate forms
9. Maintain appropriate documentation for the instructional division
10. Assist in preparation of semester schedules
11. Oversee faculty absence and substitution reports
12. Support faculty professional development requirements
13. Provide guidance and progressive discipline when needed and develop performance improvement plans when necessary.
14. Visit instructors’ classes including off-site locations, as needed.
15. Assist the Dean in regular Division meetings
16. Assist the Dean and Department Heads in maintaining classroom equipment within the Division
17. Assist the Dean in collection of information needed for division’s annual plans and program review.
18. Assist the Dean and work with Department Heads in grade change process, class add/drops, cancellation of classes, and student follow-up/tracking, as required
19. Administer with the Dean, Department Head, and Academic Affairs support staff online and Quality Matters approval and re-approval process
20. Facilitate a reliable assessment procedure for the division and ensure decisions are implemented, complied, and disseminated
21. Work with Dean, Academic Affairs, and IRE staff in maintaining appropriate division record keeping for SACSCOC reporting
22. Monitor dual-credit classes as applicable
23. Assist with recruitment of faculty and students
24. Accept other duties as assigned
|Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Master’s degree with academic credentials in at least one of the assigned supervising areas (Chemistry, Geology, or Physics) from a regionally accredited college or university.
Three years of full-time teaching experience in higher education. Note: Exceptional circumstances of a full-time current faculty member with part-time teaching experiences totaling 3-5 years or more will be reviewed on an individual basis.
The ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
Meet deadlines for assigned reports and projects.
Strong commitment to innovative teaching, active learning, and the use of technology to support the delivery of instruction in all modalities.
Capacity to assess community/student needs and develop responsive programs.
Ability to listen, understand, and respond positively to requests and concerns from employees, students, regulatory agencies, and members of the academic community.
Capability to create a team–oriented climate and build/maintain relationships with compassion and sensitivity – while demonstrating a cooperative, professional attitude.
Ability to interact effectively as a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with others to present information to faculty, academic/campus leaders, and public groups. Foster a collegial work environment and work effectively with a diverse community.
Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Windows software, integrated software systems and related instructional technology.
Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Ability to safeguard sensitive and/or confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosures.
Ability to travel on a regular basis to all Blinn campuses (Brenham, Bryan, RELLIS, Schulenburg, and Sealy)
|Preferred Experience and Training||
Diverse teaching experiences in higher education.
Experience in strategic planning, program and/or curriculum design and development, budget planning, or faculty selection and development.
Proven leadership, supervisory and managerial abilities in previous positions and an understanding and commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college.
Knowledge of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) policies governing colleges and of federal and state laws affecting community colleges, including experience with institutional accreditation processes and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
Experience in developing and enhancing faculty skills through effective evaluation.
Ability to travel between campuses, as needed.
|Required Degree, License or Certifications||
As required by THECB and SACSCOC specifications for faculty.
|Special Notes To Applicants||
This is a 12 month faculty position. Position’s campus location depends on departmental organizational layout. Employee will have course reassign time as specified by their instructional dean. This is a 12 month, benefits eligible position. Blinn College pays 100% of health insurance for full time employees, 50% for dependents, and two times your annual salary in life insurance benefits. Optional coverage’s can begin on your first active duty date. If you would like to review insurance benefits in advance, you can access the New Employee Benefits Guide online, http://www.ers.state.tx.us/New-Employee/Insurance/. Leave time includes 96 hours vacation, 40 hours discretionary and 16 hours personal each year and 8 hours sick each month. Paid leave for college designated holiday’s, spring break, thanksgiving and Christmas break (approx. 25 days per year)
The College assigns appropriately credentialed faculty members in support of educational quality and the mission of the College, in keeping with Board policy DBA LOCAL-X (Employment Requirements and Restrictions – Credentials and Records: Credentials). College policy is consistent with sound educational practice and SACSCOC guidelines. Primary consideration is given to the highest degree earned in the discipline. Furthermore, Blinn College’s Faculty Credentialing Guidelines table specifies recommended credentials for each rubric within the college’s course inventory. http://www.blinn.edu/academic_affairs/Faculty_Credentialing_Guidelines.pdf
Assistant Director, Environmental Health And Safety, Texas A&M University System, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title Assistant Director, Environmental Health and Safety Agency Texas A&M University System Offices Department Director, RELLIS Campus Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan,...
Adjunct, College Of Business, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Adjunct, College of Business Agency Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi Department College of Business Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Corpus Christi, Texas Job Type ...
Assistant Clinical Lecturer, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Assistant Clinical Lecturer Agency Texas A&M University - Central Texas Department College of Education & Human Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Killeen, Tex...
Senior Administrative Coordinator I, TAMHSC, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Title Senior Administrative Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Academic Affairs Som Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job T...
Academic Advisor Iii, Texas A&M University System, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Academic Advisor III Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department School Of Nursing Academic Support Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Ty...
Veterinary Technician I – Small Animal Er, Texas A&M University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician I – Small Animal ER Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Ty...