Location: USA - MA - Cambridge
Internal Number: 63801BR
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to delivering service and technological solutions in support of teaching, learning, research and administration. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused, and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment, we are looking for you!
HUIT SIS team handles the core student information system together with auxiliary custom and SaaS based applications to enhance staff and student experience. We currently have 50 plus small and large applications. Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software programs for business process, databases, applications, tools, etc. SIS drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion.
As a member of the Student Information Systems team, you will be a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you. We are looking for an exceptional PeopleSoft developer, who can support the development, implementation, and support of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Interaction Hub. Working in partnership with the business relationship managers, end-users, and product team - you will ensure full adoption, effective usage, and efficient deployment of our IT solutions.
- Participate in project sizing, technical design, and develop, test, deploy, and support new and enhanced software projects.
- Be knowledgeable in multiple modules of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Develop and enhance solutions including user interface, interfaces, web services and other components.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Manage small-size projects.
- Work closely with product managers, functional and technical team members and our partners to architect and design optimal solutions.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies: daily standups, planning and retrospective meetings.
- Provide 24/7 on‐call production support.
- Minimum of five years' post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and SkillsThe following Additional Qualifications are strongly preferred. If you meet some, but not all, you are still encouraged to apply; we value employees with a willingness to learn.
- 3-5 years of expert programming experience with PeopleTools: PeopleCode, Application Engine, Component Interfaces, Business Interlinks, Webservices, Fluid development, XML Publisher and SQR.
- 3-5 years expert experience in SQL on any database (ORACLE, MSSQL)
- Good working knowledge of the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture, PeopleTools 8.56+, Peoplesoft Portal 9.2;
- Must have strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with IntraSee product a definite plus.
- Experience with Oracle Apex development is a plus.
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools
- Independent and self‐motivated with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies is highly desirable.
- Desired experience includes web applications development methodologies, project management, object-oriented programming, performance testing tools and automated testing tools.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, Internet software development standards, and web server configuration management.
HUIT actively supports hybrid work where business needs allow. All remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VA, VT, and WA). Some presence on campus may be necessary based on needs and the nature of the work.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please provide a cover letter with your application.
- Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
- We are unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
- This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University. Our mission is to assure Harvard's leadership in IT. We strive to make it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn and work through the effective use of information technology. HUIT's core values are User Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Open.
IT Academy (designed for IT Staff):
HUIT's IT Academy aims to enable each IT staff person to grow professionally and become a trusted partner to her or his team. The IT Academy is built on the belief that every IT staff member across the University (including technology employees at each school and campus) can grow in her or his area of expertise as well as building strong people and project management skills. Learn more here: https://itacademy.harvard.edu/
BenefitsWe invite you to visit Harvard's Total Rewards website to learn more about our outstanding benefits package, which may include:
- Paid Time Off: 3-4 weeks of accrued vacation time per year (3 weeks for support staff and 4 weeks for administrative/professional staff), 12 accrued sick days per year, 12.5 holidays plus a Winter Recess in December/January, 3 personal days per year (prorated based on date of hire), and up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents who are primary care givers.
- Health and Welfare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance programs, along with voluntary benefits. Most coverage begins as of your start date.
- Work/Life and Wellness: Child and elder/adult care resources including on campus childcare centers, Employee Assistance Program, and wellness programs related to stress management, nutrition, meditation, and more.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with contributions from 5% to 15% of eligible compensation, based on age and earnings with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive program including $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and reduced tuition through other participating Harvard graduate schools.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Program that provides 75% to 90% reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible courses taken at other accredited institutions.
- Professional Development: Programs and classes at little or no cost, including through the Harvard Center for Workplace Development and LinkedIn Learning.
- Commuting and Transportation: Various commuter options handled through the Parking Office, including discounted parking, half-priced public transportation passes and pre-tax transit passes, biking benefits, and more.
- Harvard Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks: Access to Harvard athletic and fitness facilities, libraries, campus events, credit union, and more, as well as discounts to various types of services (legal, financial, etc.) and cultural and leisure activities throughout metro-Boston.
Work FormatHybrid (partially on-site, partially remote)
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Harvard University Information Technology
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.
Connections working at Harvard University Information Technology
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Instructor/Assistant Professor, Prosthodontics, Harvard University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Details Title Instructor/Assistant Professor, Prosthodontics School Harvard School of Dental Medicine Department/Area Prosthodontics Position Description The Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSD...
Department Chair And Professor Of Health Care Policy, Harvard University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Details Title Department Chair and Professor of Health Care Policy School Harvard Medical School Department/Area Position Description The Harvard Medical School seeks an academic leader to serve a...
Zooarchaeology Lab Manager, Harvard University, United States, 26 days ago
Additional Qualifications and Skills MA in Anthropology, Archaeology or a related field strongly preferred. PhD in Anthropology, Archaeology or a related field preferred. Additional Information We...
Professor Of The Practice In Innovation, Harvard University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Details Title Professor of the Practice in Innovation School Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Department/Area Position Description The Harvard John A. Paulson Sch...
Program Director, Dental Public Health Program, Harvard University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Details Title Program Director, Dental Public Health Program School Harvard School of Dental Medicine Department/Area Dental Public Health Program Position Description The Harvard School of Dental...
Fellow In Environmental Science And Engineering, Harvard University, United States, 14 days ago
Details Title Fellow in Environmental Science and Engineering School Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Department/Area Environmental Chemistry Position Description...