The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law is a leader in legal education, located in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village. The law school is renowned for its program in intellectual property, which includes the FAME Center for Fashion, Arts, Media and Entertainment Law. Cardozo Law has a long tradition of public advocacy and is the birthplace of the Innocence Project and the home of our Center for Rights and Justice. Cardozo offers a world-class faculty and encourages creative thinking and innovation in the legal profession. Cardozo provides students with a strong foundation in legal theory combined with practical hands-on experience in a variety of areas including criminal law, civil rights law, and business law. The school prides itself on creating a vibrant and warm community for faculty, staff and students.
A division of Yeshiva University, Cardozo Law School offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans. The law school is a secular institution within a religious university and welcomes people of all religions, ethnic backgrounds, races and sexual identities.
Paralegal/Administrator of the Criminal Appeals Clinic is a casual (part-time) position responsible for administration of the academic program and the paralegal support for the clinics work, including record and brief preparation; managing the court calendars for all clinic matters; and ensuring timely filing of all necessary court documents.
This employee will be required to interface with prosecutors and personnel in the prosecutors’ office, court personnel, students and the Criminal Appeals Clinic Director. Individual will be responsible for the prosecution of 10-15 appeals each year.
- Exclusively manage the caseload for the Criminal Appeals Clinic.
- Manage hard and soft (computer) files
- Handle court filing; requests for cases
- Manage detailed court calendar; manage adjournments and stipulations of adjournments
- Communicate with clinic students, court clerks and reporters, opposing attorneys, and clients
- Request missing transcripts and trial exhibits; and
- Proofread, format, complete, conform, blueback, and file motions and appeals briefs for Criminal Appeals clinics (adhering to applicable rules for citation format, tables of contents and authorities, and formatting).
Education & Experience:
- 3-4 years related paralegal and administrative experience
- Lexis/Nexis; Westlaw; Word Office Suite proficiency
Skills & Competencies:
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong business judgment, and ability to collaborate closely with stakeholders from different disciplines outside of and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize requests under time pressure and handle multiple, detailed tasks efficiently
] Equal Justice Works New York State Family Security Project Legal Fellow , , United States, 14 days ago
Cornell Law School is hosting a one-year fellowship sponsored by Equal Justice Works designed to foster family security and community education through the provision of immigration legal services....
Program Coordinator Center For Chinese Legal Studies, Columbia University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Program Coordinator - Center for Chinese Legal Studies Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 090739 Department 5510- LAW Academic Department: Law Location Morningside Job Type Support St...
Senior Career Advisor, Columbia University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Senior Career Advisor Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 090690 Department 5502- LAW School Administration Location Morningside Job Type Officer Part-Time Temporary Bargaining Unit If...
Coordinator, Faculty Support Services, Columbia University, United States, 22 days ago
Job Title Coordinator, Faculty Support Services Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 090439 Department 5510- LAW Academic Department: Law Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Reg...
Associate Director Of Admissions, Diversity And Inclusion, Columbia University, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Associate Director of Admissions, Diversity and Inclusion Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 090394 Department 5502- LAW School Administration Location Morningside Job Type Officer Fu...
Hr Generalist, Johns Hopkins University, United States, 9 days ago
Classified title: Human Resource Generalist Role/Level/Range: ATP 04 PC Starting Salary Range: $49,216 - $67,734 Employee group: Full Time Employee subgroup: Exempt Schedule: 37.5 hours week, Mon...