The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law is a leader in legal education, located in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village. The law school is renowned for its program in intellectual property, which includes the FAME Center for Fashion, Arts, Media and Entertainment Law. Cardozo Law has a long tradition of public advocacy and is the birthplace of the Innocence Project and the home of our Center for Rights and Justice. Cardozo offers a world-class faculty and encourages creative thinking and innovation in the legal profession. Cardozo provides students with a strong foundation in legal theory combined with practical hands-on experience in a variety of areas including criminal law, civil rights law, and business law. The school prides itself on creating a vibrant and warm community for faculty, staff and students.
A division of Yeshiva University, Cardozo Law School offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans. The law school is a secular institution within a religious university and welcomes people of all religions, ethnic backgrounds, races and sexual identities.
Paralegal/Administrator of the Criminal Appeals Clinic is a casual (part-time) position responsible for administration of the academic program and the paralegal support for the clinics work, including record and brief preparation; managing the court calendars for all clinic matters; and ensuring timely filing of all necessary court documents.
This employee will be required to interface with prosecutors and personnel in the prosecutors’ office, court personnel, students and the Criminal Appeals Clinic Director. Individual will be responsible for the prosecution of 10-15 appeals each year.
- Exclusively manage the caseload for the Criminal Appeals Clinic.
- Manage hard and soft (computer) files
- Handle court filing; requests for cases
- Manage detailed court calendar; manage adjournments and stipulations of adjournments
- Communicate with clinic students, court clerks and reporters, opposing attorneys, and clients
- Request missing transcripts and trial exhibits; and
- Proofread, format, complete, conform, blueback, and file motions and appeals briefs for Criminal Appeals clinics (adhering to applicable rules for citation format, tables of contents and authorities, and formatting).
Education & Experience:
- 3-4 years related paralegal and administrative experience
- Lexis/Nexis; Westlaw; Word Office Suite proficiency
Skills & Competencies:
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong business judgment, and ability to collaborate closely with stakeholders from different disciplines outside of and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize requests under time pressure and handle multiple, detailed tasks efficiently
Clinic Technology Administrator, Columbia University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Title CLINIC TECHNOLOGY ADMINISTRATOR Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 093185 Department 5510- LAW Academic Department: Law Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargai...
Director Of Judicial Clerkships, Columbia University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Director of Judicial Clerkships Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 093516 Department 5502- LAW School Administration Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargainin...
Administrative Assistant, Columbia University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Administrative Assistant Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 093017 Department 5502- LAW School Administration Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining ...
Security Officer, Columbia University, United States, 17 days ago
Job Title Security Officer Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 093006 Department 1206- FAC Public Safety 7007- CMC CUMC VP Facilities Mgmt 1216- FAC Pub Saf MV Operations Location Morningside Jo...
Security Officer, Columbia University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Title Security Officer Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 093248 Department 1206- FAC Public Safety 7007- CMC CUMC VP Facilities Mgmt 1216- FAC Pub Saf MV Operations Location Morningside Jo...
Edward Cornell Law Librarian, Cornell University, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Cornell -Law School -LAWLIBD [#11238, WDR-00015076] Position Title: Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14850, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Law Library Appl Deadline:2018/06/26 ...