Overview of CCA
The Community College of Aurora is a dynamic institution that strives to serve its diverse staff and student population founded on principles of equity and inclusion. As a member of the Colorado Community College System (CCCS), the Community College of Aurora (CCA) is dedicated to serving our surrounding community.
As the most diverse institution of higher education in Colorado, CCA is currently the college choice for nearly 11,400 students representing over 60 countries, with 62% of our enrollment represented by students of color. In 2016, CCA was designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). CCA's service area includes more than 680,000 residents in Arapahoe, Adams, and Denver counties, and its student population reflects the broad diversity of this area.
The college offers more than 90 degrees and certificate programs for students seeking to enhance their current skill set, pursue employment, or transfer to a four-year college or university upon graduation. CCA is a dynamic institution that strives to serve its diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusion.
The college is striving to become a more equitable institution by centering our Inclusive Excellence work and applying an equity lens in everything we do
.CCA's Mission: "The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment."
The Community College of Aurora is looking for innovative, inclusive, and engaging adjunct instructors to teach Anthropology classes. CCA is committed to quality instruction and maintains high academic standards as well as a strong commitment to the success of our students.
The Anthropology Program exemplifies the highest commitment to the success and achievement of our students through the Inclusive Excellence framework, and we do this through departmental and college-wide collaborations and professional development.
- Be an expert in the subject area and an effective and developing teacher
- Develop lesson plans, activities, and assessments that lead students to the successful attainment of identified course competencies
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with community college philosophy while promoting the ANT program
- Be knowledgeable about pedagogy, methods, retention, inclusion, and assessment of outcomes (or be available and willing to receive training in these areas)
- Before the first day of class, provide the Chair of Social Sciences and the department assistant with a copy of the course syllabus
- At the first class meeting, provide students with a syllabus for the course that includes all components of the course model syllabus and the competencies established in the Colorado Common Course Numbering System
- Conduct student evaluations of instruction in accordance with established policies and procedures at the end of the semester
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students and submit no-shows, grades, and required records to the college via Banner by the required deadlines
- Attend required meetings as called by the Faculty Lead, Department Chair, Dean, or Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Complete the DesireToLearn (D2L) training and New Faculty Orientation
- Participate in coaching/mentoring and assessment initiatives established by Department Chair and/or Faculty Lead
- Understand and uphold the values of the college while abiding by all relevant college and CCCS and SBCCOE policies and procedures.
Completed Master's degree in anthropology or higher degree.
Candidates with teaching experience in cultural and/or medical anthropology.
Salary: Instructional hours will be paid at the current Instructor rate, which is $919.00 per credit hour. Instructors are paid on a biweekly schedule. Site training and coordination will be paid on a contract basis.
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2023
Deadline to Submit Application Material: Positions are open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Individuals currently or formerly employed by the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, and/or who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
- For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Colorado Residency Requirement:
Eligible applicants must be either a current Colorado resident or be able to provide proof of residency in Colorado within 30 days of the start date for the position, or they may be deemed ineligible for employment with the Community College of Aurora. Please contact HR@CCAurora.edu with any questions.
Community College of Aurora Inclusive Excellence Statement:
CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our college community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement.
Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success. Recognizing our diversity is only the first step toward Inclusive Excellence.
We must also be intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
The Federal Clery Act: (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the Student Right to Know page. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
Assistant Professor, University of Colorado, United States, about 10 hours ago
Assistant Professor - 30119 Faculty Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Pediatric Cardiology Job Title: Assistant Professor Position #: 765373 – Requisition #: ...
Senior Instructor, University of Colorado, United States, 14 days ago
Senior Instructor - 29973 Faculty Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation/Physical Therapy Program Job Title: Sr. Instructor Pos...
Open Rank: Assistant Associate Professor, University of Colorado, United States, about 10 hours ago
Open Rank: Assistant - Associate Professor - 30005 Faculty Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Otolaryngology Job Title: Open Rank- Assistant Professor – Associa...
Research Associate, University of Colorado, United States, about 9 hours ago
Research Associate - 29983 Research Faculty Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Otolaryngology Job Title: Research Associate Position #:00809878 – Requisition #...
Pediatric App (Children's Hospital Colorado), University of Colorado, United States, about 10 hours ago
Pediatric APP (Children's Hospital Colorado) - 30049 Faculty Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Otolaryngology Job Title: Instructor – Physician Assistant or N...
Fcb Docs Director, University of Colorado, United States, about 9 hours ago
FCB DOCS Director - 29911 Faculty Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Office of Medical Education Job Title: Open Rank-Instructor, Sr. Instructor, Assistant, Ass...