Job TitleAnimal Caretaker II - LA Hospitalization
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentVet Med-Teaching Hospital
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to promoting a culture that embraces, expands, and celebrates inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability that enriches the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff. Diverse perspectives, talents and experiences are invaluable to our mission and support our core values .
Who we are
The Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH) includes the Small Animal Hospital http://vethospital.tamu.edu/small-animal-hospital and the Large Animal Hospital http://vethospital.tamu.edu/large-animal-hospital , both of which are dedicated to the total well-being and care of a pet throughout its lifetime. We work with great people, great clinicians, and great educators with a passion for animals and educating others that allows us to provide total care for animal patients while helping to train the next generation of veterinarians at the only veterinary teaching hospital in the state of Texas!
What we want
We are looking for an Animal Caretaker II, to join the dynamic Large Animal – Hospitalization department of our Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital! The ideal candidate enjoys being around large animals, ensuring the cleanliness of the stalls, cages and equipment, stocking the VMTH, and assisting with patient care. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If you enjoy working with large animals, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Work Schedule: Please note this is a full-time position and the standard shift is Wednesday - Sunday, from 3:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Essential Personnel - This position is considered essential when the University declares an emergency, campus closure, class cancellations, etc., and are therefore required to report to work and remain on duty unless or until relieved by their direct supervisor.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience in animal care
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Forklift certification within 60 days of employment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- No inhibiting allergies to animals, dust or hay
- Physical ability to move or lift heavy loads
- May require working alternate shifts, holidays, weekends, or “on-call duty”
- Persons in this position are considered essential when the University declares an emergency, campus closure, class cancellations, etc., and are therefore required to report to work and remain on duty unless/until relieved by the direct supervisor
Preferred Education and Experience:
- More than two years of experience in animal handling or animal care
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Class “C” vehicle operator’s license, or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment
- Provides feed, water and care to animals in stalls and cage conditions.
- Lifts or moves heavy loads.
- Stocks bedding and feeding rooms.
- Assists, under the direct supervision of faculty or technicians, during the transportation and positioning of Large Animal patients for imaging procedures or while patient is recovering after anesthesia.
- Observes and monitors behavior, problems or conditions that develop with animals under care and report to appropriate medical staff or supervisor.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Cleans and disinfects treatment rooms.
- Washes out automatic washers.
- Cleans floors, walls, bedding, sinks, Hospital corridors, windows, ceilings and cabinets.
- May require working above ground level.
- Washes and vacuums corridors after animals are dismissed.
- Empties manure cans and trash receptacles daily, which includes scrubbing and disinfecting.
- Transports animals and supplies, operating a forklift, university vehicle, and other farm related equipment as directed.
- Maintains care and service of equipment.
Training and certification
- Obtains current/up to date safety classes and rabies prophylaxis:
- -Radiation Safety
- -MRI safety training
- -Infection control
- -Aseptic technique
- -Rabies prophylaxis
- Maintains certification where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Community Health Worker Rev Up, TAMHSC, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title Community Health Worker - REV-UP Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department College of Nursing Proposed Minimum Salary $11.50 hourly Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type ...
Program Manager P12, TAMHSC, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Program Manager P12 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job...
Program Coordinator I P9, TAMHSC, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Program Coordinator I P9 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Bcs Campus Administration Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type St...
Program Aide, TAMHSC, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Program Aide Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Epidemiology & Biostatistics Proposed Minimum Salary $20.00 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type ...
Senior Administrative Coordinator I, TAMHSC, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title Senior Administrative Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan...
Manager, Operations, TAMHSC, United States, 15 days ago
Job Title Manager, Operations Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Clinical Learning Resource Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type...