The Anatomical Services Professional applies extensive knowledge of body donation protocols and processes to lead major program components of an anatomical donation program. Performs full range of all aspects of the body donation program. Demonstrates good judgement in allocating anatomical materials, as required by clinical educators, researchers, and clinics. Provides training to staff and students, provides and presents training materials. Incumbent is responsible for specimen preparation, database entry, lab maintenance, specimen delivery/transport and other duties as assigned.
The UCSF Willed Body Program is responsible for overseeing the donation of whole body donors to UCSF for education and research. All aspects of donation, from initial donor registration through final disposition of a donor, are overseen and coordinated by the Program. Technical staff handle the preparation and care of anatomical material generated by the Program. These materials are subsequently allocated for study to various internal and external teaching and research programs.
- Associate degree in mortuary science or equivalent
- At least five years’ experience in funeral service or donated body programs
- At least two years technical experience in preparation techniques for preservation of deceased human bodies
- At least three years working in a biohazardous workplace, including handling of blood borne pathogens, formaldehyde monitoring and storage of hazardous materials
- Demonstrated computer skills in using database registry
- Demonstrated theoretical knowledge of human anatomy, biology, and physiology
- Demonstrated knowledge of California Health Department regulations on vital statistics and experience filing death certificates and disposition permits
- Knowledge of California law governing crematories, funeral directors, embalmers, Cal-OSHA, Organ donations, California Business and Professions Code demonstrated knowledge of Funeral Cemetery, and Crematory Codes
- Ability to communicate with faculty, medical students, staff, prospective donors, and the general public regarding the use of anatomical gifts and anatomical materials
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training is preferred
- Tissue Bank Specialist certification is preferred
- California Licensed Embalmer
- California Funeral Director’s License
- California Driver’s License
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
007225 ANATOMICAL SVC PROFL 4
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Various Work Sites
Additional Shift Details
M-F 8am to 5pm
Ucsf Junior Specialist – Xu Lab , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 7 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments UCSF Junior Specialist – Xu Lab (JPF03964) UCSF Junior Specialist – Xu Lab Apply now to UCSF Junior Specialist – Xu Lab Job #JPF03964 Diabetes Ce...
Chief, Ucsf Division Of Nephrology (Zsfg) , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 7 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Chief, UCSF Division of Nephrology (ZSFG) (JPF03897) Chief, UCSF Division of Nephrology (ZSFG) Apply now to Chief, UCSF Division of Nephrology (Z...
In Residence / Adjunct Faculty Positions Department Of Epidemiology And Biostatistics , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 7 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments In Residence / Adjunct Faculty Positions - Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics (JPF03933) In Residence / Adjunct Faculty Positions - D...
Specialist – Cancer Molecular Biology & Proteomics (Krogan Lab, Ucsf) , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 8 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Specialist – Cancer Molecular Biology & Proteomics (Krogan lab, UCSF) (JPF03969) Specialist – Cancer Molecular Biology & Proteomics (Krogan lab, ...
Medical Director For Kidney Transplant , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 6 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments Medical Director for Kidney Transplant (JPF03909) Medical Director for Kidney Transplant Apply now to Medical Director for Kidney Transplant Job ...
Bsl3 Specialist , University of California, Berkeley, United States, about 8 hours ago
Skip to main content Recruit Home Open Recruitments BSL3 Specialist (JPF03908) BSL3 Specialist Apply now to BSL3 Specialist Job #JPF03908 EVCP Units / EXECUTIVE VICE CHANCELLOR / UC San Francisco A...