Department: Security - UH
Provide Security Officer assistance as required. Works in conjunction with Security Officers to support operations by providing non-emergency security services including providing escort service, conducting interior and exterior patrols, taking minor incident reports. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. No patient care assignment. Safety-sensitive position.
* COLLECTIONS - Assist in performing receipt collections at UNM Hospitals
* DOORS - Lock and unlock of hospital doors in accordance with hours of operation
* DATA - Enter various data into computer and forms, verify data, make corrections and ensure accuracy
* ESCORT - Provide escort service to and from medical center offices for all patients, visitors and staff as required
* COMMUNICATION - Effectively communicate with patients to assist then, provide customer service and to promote learning. Effectively use Security radio to provide Dispatch with information on service calls.
* FIRE RESPONSE - Respond immediately to all reports of fire, smoke and/or fire drills
* PARKING - Provide parking control as assigned to include monitoring and removing unauthorized vehicles in patient or employee parking areas, fire lanes, reserved areas and all restricted areas
* PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS - Maintain complete awareness of responsibilities concerning current fire and disaster procedures; maintain complete awareness and compliance with all safety regulations
* SAFETY - Respond to any situation that may present a safety hazard or risk to people and property
* FIRE SYSTEMS - Monitor, maintain fire systems throughout the Hospitals
* SECURITY SYSTEMS - Monitor security systems; maintain familiarity, knowledge and proficiency with security systems, panic alarms, access systems and reporting programs
* VEHICLES - Safely operate Hospitals vehicles in compliance with all city, State, Federal and University and departmental regulations and/or policies
* WORK ENVIRONMENT - Maintain area and storage area in clean and orderly fashion
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* ASSISTANCE - Provide non-emergency patient and visitor assistance as required
* PATROL – Conduct observe and report interior and exterior patrols giving special attention to locked and unlocked doors. Notifying Security Officers if unauthorized individuals on premises, suspicious people, safety hazards, vandalism, theft and disturbances are witnessed.
* REPORTS – Conduct minor incident reports on violations of regulations, policies and procedures
* High School or GED Equivalent
No minimum experience required
Bilingual English/Spanish Computer and data entry skills Bilingual English/Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo Experience in customer service-oriented role/work experience
* Valid New Mexico Driver's License
* UNM Vehicle Operator's Permit w/in 60 days
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Heavy Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Subject to random alcohol and substance testing
Security Officer (Part Time), Bellevue University, United States, 3 days ago
Primary Function: The Security Officer provides customer service, greets, assists, and answers inquiries and concerns of employees, students, and visitors. The position is responsible for protect...
Senior Safety Partner Operations And Inspections, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
91728BR Campus: Tempe Fire Prevention Officer Job Description Plans, organizes, evaluates, and implements activities and programs to ensure safe and compliant construction permitting/inspections, ...
Doctoral Student In Fire Safety, Lunds universitet, Sweden, 29 days ago
7 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Lunds universitet Department Lund University, Faculty of Engineering, Building & Environmental Technology Research Field Engineering Researcher Prof...
Science Lab Technician (Federal Work Study), Bellevue University, United States, about 13 hours ago
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required o...
Security Manager, Harvard University, United States, 4 days ago
01-Jun-2023 Harvard Art Museums 62720BR Job Summary Schedule: Friday 11 pm -Saturday 7 am Saturday 11 pm -Sunday 7 am Sunday 3 pm-11 pm Monday 3 pm-11 pm Tuesday 3 pm-11 pm Summary: Reporting to t...
Maintenance Crew Person, Bellevue University, United States, 3 days ago
Primary Function: The Maintenance Crewperson is responsible for performing general building maintenance. The maintenance crewperson will also conduct PMCS on pumps, generators, HVAC, and other Uni...