Location: Portland, Oregon
Internal Number: 25327
Oregon Area Health Education Center (AHEC) is a partnership between OHSU and five Regional Centers. Oregon AHEC's mission is to improve the health of individuals in rural and underserved areas through education and workforce development.
The purpose of AHEC nationally is to reduce health disparities through increasing the healthcare workforce diversity to match the diversity of communities, to make the healthcare workforce distribution more equitable, and to train the healthcare system to transform to the needs of the community. As such, a qualified applicant should active seek knowledge about health disparities, DEI, healthcare workforce distribution, and practice transformation and be prepared to pass that knowledge to the state wide system.
As the AHEC Program Manager you will oversee the goals of Oregon AHEC program through coordinating the day-to-day operation to ensure a high level of success. You will coordinate activities across multiple projects through program strategy, delegation and implementation.
You will report directly to the AHEC Director and works in close collaboration with the AHEC Regional Centers and multiple departments and staff at OHSU to enhance AHEC programming.
You will be responsible for managing the AHEC team to ensure performance that advances the rural mission at OHSU and the successful implementation of the HRSA Model State AHEC grant. This position's main areas of focus are (1) staff management including, recruitment, development, retention, accountability and oversight of work products; (2) program management and support; (3) AHEC Regional Center engagement and (4) development of other partnerships to advance AHEC's work.
Function/Duties of Position
- Provide overall administrative functions for AHEC Department including all Human Resources functions and timekeeping. Supervise program staff, including identifying staffing needs, recruitment, delegation, development, and performance management. In collaboration with leadership, develops and/or implements department policies and procedures. Ensures that all staff are oriented to and comply with them and with all OHSU policies/procedures. Responsible for the recruitment and hiring of open positions reporting to them, as well as the forecasting and request of new initiatives.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the onboarding process. Functions as a collaborative member of the leadership team. Attends cross-management meetings and huddles to ensure alignment of program initiatives and problem solve. Conducts regular staff meetings and actively promotes staff engagement. Maintains current knowledge of all labor contracts. Collaborates with Labor Relations in resolving staff issues and interpreting the contracts.
- AHEC Centers in health workforce needs assessment and the planning of programming to respond to identified needs, coordinate logistics for statewide meetings and activities, coordinate Program Office Support of regional centers, interact with community stakeholders and program allies. Maintain communications with constituent groups with the statewide AHEC network and with other relevant parties throughout the state including travel as needed.
Coordinate Assessment and Evaluation across Oregon AHEC:
- Act as key personnel on the HRSA State Model AHEC Program grant as the Assessment and Evaluation coordinator. Develop strong internal systems for collecting and analyzing data to optimize performance; participate in the AHEC Assessment and Evaluation team, act as central repository for all reporting, participate in technical assistance calls, and ensure grant compliance including the submission of HRSA required reports. Ensure data is up to date and available for new grant applications or other opportunities for collaboration.
AHEC Planning and Development:
- Under the guidance of the AHEC Director, maintain regular contact, relationships and coordination between the Federal AHEC program and the Oregon Statewide Programs. Identify opportunities and act to support continuous improvement of administrative processes, such as: communication, scheduling, document management, etc. Develop partnerships within OHSU and seek funding to support shared programming.
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a field directly related to the position will substitute for two years of the required experience.
- Five years of experience with responsibility for program or project monitoring and coordination. The experience must have included program evaluation responsibility.
- Experience working with external vendors to interpret and deliver on program requirements.
Job Related Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, flexibility, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience with program financial management, State reporting and marketing techniques.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Masters degree in related field
- Experience at an academic health center in a specialty area specific to the position opening (curriculum delivery),
- Experience with rural or underserved programs in Oregon.
- Awareness of health care delivery in Oregon.
- Experience with curricular delivery ex. Banner, Sakai.
- Experience with HRSA Electronic Handbook including grant look up, submitting reports, managing task lists etc.
Occasional travel within Oregon State and to state and national conferences and meetings.
Pay Range: $74,193.60 - $118,539.20 annually
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Professor Of Sports Product Design And Director Of The Masters Program In Sports Product Design, University of Oregon, United States, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:532700 Work type:Faculty - Tenure Track Location:Portland, OR Categories:Architecture/Art/Design, Instruction Department: DSGN School of Art & Design Rank: Associate Professor Ann...
Clinical Professor, Open Rank, University of Oregon, United States, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:532912 Work type:Faculty - Career Location:Portland, OR Categories:Athletics, Child Development, Education, Research/Scientific/Grants, Sociology, Psychology, Diversity, Equity, a...
Oregon Executive Mba Career Instructor And Capstone Coordinator, University of Oregon, United States, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:532937 Work type:Faculty - Career Location:Portland, OR Categories:Business Administration/Management, Executive/Management/Director, Instruction Department: Oregon Executive MBA ...
Community Service Officer, University of Oregon, United States, 2 days ago
Apply now Job no:532920 Work type:Classified Staff, UOPD Location:Portland, OR Categories:Other, Police Department: University of Oregon Police Department Classification: Campus Sec/Public Sfty Of...
Archaeologist I, AECOM, United States, 15 days ago
Company Description Work with Us. Change the World. At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transformi...
Research Technologist 2, Coffin Lab Neuroscience, Vancouver Campus, Washington State University, United States, 10 days ago
Available Title(s): 323I-YN_CS_NPS - Research Technologist 2 Business Title: Research Technologist 2, Coffin Lab-Neuroscience, Vancouver Campus Employee Type: Classified Time Type: Full time Posit...