Updated: 4 days ago
Location: Lafayette, INDIANA
|General Description of Position:||Full-time temporary position, May - August, 2019
This internship position will support the Ivy Tech activities affiliated with the Wabash Heartland Innovation Network (WHIN) initiative, which involves programs in Digital Agriculture and Advanced Manufacturing. The intern will be an important member of the WHIN team, and will be reporting to the WHIN Ivy Tech Project Manager, and working with the Digital Ag Purdue Extension Specialist and other members of the WHIN Team.
|Major Responsibilities:||The position will be involved with assisting in the installation and subsequent maintenance of IoT sensors (soil moisture and temperature) in the Ivy Tech agriculture teaching farm. This team member will also be responsible for working closely with the Purdue interns for WHIN, and will be collecting survey data at all 10 of WHIN’s county fairs with the goal of receiving 5,000 total responses. This involves assistance with gathering feedback from residents in each county regarding their opinion of the quality of life the region offers—and spreading the word about WHIN and its mission. The survey contains questions formulated by community leaders as well as information that will be used to track the baseline satisfaction with WHIN’s Regional Cultivation Fund activities over a five-year period.
Specific duties include:
• Coordinating with the Project Manager and other staff with activities on the Ivy Tech farm which will support the IoT sensors and system deployment within the farm field
• Work with the Digital Ag Purdue Extension Specialist at Purdue regarding use of the Purdue digital ag trailer
• Coordination with the Purdue intern which will coordinate the place-making survey activity along with Purdue Extension educators regarding space/time at the 10 county fairs
• Training 4-H volunteers (particularly Junior Leaders) to correctly administer the WHIN place-making survey
• Securing and preparing supplies needed for survey distribution (including copies, clipboard, pens & water bottles)—expenses will be reimbursed
• Administering surveys at all 10 county fairs (with several days being spent at each fair)—mileage will be reimbursed
• Distributing surveys at county fair-goers along with an incentive (cold water bottle or WHIN pen)
• Collecting surveys and temporarily storing them according to IRB protocol
• Tabulating the data in Qualtrics (on off-hours when not administering surveys at the fair) in Excel
|Minimum Qualifications:||We are seeking a dynamic, reliable, self-starting, problem-solver who shares its vision for Digital Agriculture and community development that will result in prosperity for all. This internship must be highly organized with the ability to learn, adapt quickly, multi-task and work under pressure with demonstrated ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail in a team environment within the organization and the WHIN region
Ability to work in an outdoor environment, and able to lift up to 50 pounds
|Team Ivy Referral:||
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||
Library Assistant, Associate, Purdue University, United States, about 2 months ago
Job Summary Perform day-to-day functions for library services at the Humanities, Social Science and Education Library. Provide instruction in the use of reference sources, equipment, and automated...