Experience Impr & Intelligence
The UCSF Health Experience Adult Services Patient Experience Business Partner is responsible for providing core program and operational management and direction for service line initiatives to improve patient, visitor, staff, and physician experience. Responsibilities include program direction and administration associated with planning, development, implementation, evaluation, and responsiveness to the varied and changing priorities of a high profile, dynamic and demanding environment to excel experience improvement within Adult Services at UCSF Health. This includes but is not limited to the leading performance and operational improvement projects, coordinating development and training programs, and assisting with the department(s) specific program development and implementation. Performs job responsibilities in a professional and collaborative manner that promotes a team concept that reflects the mission, vision, and values of USCF Health. Recommends and facilitates experience improvements ensuring alignment with organizational strategy, True North goals, and Lean principles. Applies knowledge of organizational effectiveness, business process, and strategic planning for projects that involve diverse stakeholders at UCSF Health. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and desired outcomes.
The UCSF Health Experience Excellence Division is charged with being a key influencer - visioning, leading, and collaborating with UCSF Health teams to help the organization measure, understand and improve the patient and family experience of care and the staff and provider experience of work at UCSF Health. Our team exists to drive excellence in the human experience of healthcare by advancing a culture of caring and empathy, providing evidence-based tools for improvement, partnering with our patients, families, and the UCSF healthcare team to deliver measurable outcomes. The Division consists of the Patient Experience Improvement, Analytics and Engagement Strategies department which oversees UCSF Health’s patient experience improvement efforts, patient experience data analytics, and patient communications. The Division also includes the following operational departments: Patient Relations, Decedent Affairs, Spiritual Care Services, and Pastoral Education, Interpreter and Language Services, Volunteer Services, and Guest Screening Services. The Division consistently applies Lean principles and innovative collaborative approaches and partnerships in order to identify and implement high-quality, effective, and sustainable strategies to improve the patient, staff, and provider experience.
- Bachelors Degree
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the areas of project, financial and budgetary management at UCSF Health or similar academic medical center or healthcare organization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of organizational development and effectiveness to assess, design, and implement customized, strategic organization interventions.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem-solving, project planning, and implementation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple competing responsibilities, strategies, complexities, and visions.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills to effectively work with a variety of internal and external constituents including patients, families, providers, staff, and all levels of management.
- Strong facilitation, consulting, relationship building, and strategic thinking skills to lead projects from inception to the conclusion: the ability to coach, and influence people at all levels.
- Able to build productive and healthy working relationships that promote collaboration and teamwork in a high-pressure, dynamic work environment.
- Role models a professional presence to internal and external constituents that reflects exceptional customer service, cultural sensitivity, compassion, sound judgment, and problem-solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations.
- Previous work experience at UCSF Health or similar healthcare institution or academic medical center. Knowledge and understanding of UCSF Policies and Procedures and broad knowledge of UCSF Health departments and operations.
- Experience with web design software and other technologies to improve the patient and provider experience
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Lean Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
000562 ORGANIZATIONAL CNSLT 4
Human Resources, Professional and Managerial
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Hybrid-Remote, Mission Bay (SF), Mount Zion (SF), Parnassus Heights (SF)
Nurse Practitioner (Nurse Practitioner) Student Health Services, The California State University, United States, 10 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505832 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 15, 2021 Closing Date: October 14, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7,...
Lead Study Abroad Officer (Student Services Professional Iv) Office Of International Programs, The California State University, United States, 28 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505346 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 29, 2021 Closing Date: September 28, 2022 Benefits Link: Academic Support...
Graduation Specialist/Academic Advisor (Student Services Professional Ii) Division Of Undergraduate Education And Academic Pla, The California State University, United States, 21 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505642 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 6, 2021 Closing Date: October 5, 2022 Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit...
Articulation Analyst (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non Exempt) Dean's Office, Dueap, The California State University, United States, 22 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505640 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 5, 2021 Closing Date: October 4, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9...
Nurse Practitioner (Per Diem, Non Exempt, Healthcare) Student Health Services, The California State University, United States, 10 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505834 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 15, 2021 Closing Date: October 14, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)...
Program Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non Exempt) Lam Family College Of Business Graduate Programs, The California State University, United States, 11 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505577 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 15, 2021 Closing Date: October 14, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7,...