We are growing our team! At Grantham, changing lives isn’t just what we do, it’s who we are. We are Life Changers! Since 1951, Grantham University has worked proudly with the Armed Forces of the United States of America, veterans, active guard, and their families, as well as public agency staff and working adults from around the world. Grantham University is 100% online with administrative offices located in Lenexa, Kansas. The University offers 38 associate, baccalaureate and master degree programs which position its graduates for success in their chosen career paths. Use your education to help people change their lives! We offer a flexible benefits package, an acknowledged corporate wellness program, the opportunity to volunteer in the community, as well as an engaging, committed work force. Look no farther than Grantham University to expand your career and serve those who serve.
Admissions Representatives are responsible for securing new student enrollments by speaking to prospective students who are interested in continuing their education. This is a high contact, phone-based, consultative position.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make outbound and take inbound calls from individuals interested in enrolling at Grantham University
- Meet and exceed pre-established enrollment objectives
- Provide information to students about educational opportunities, admission, transfer of credit, degree programs, financial assistance, and university policies and requirements
- Successfully complete training phases, i.e. assignments, quizzes, tests, role plays, and other exercises as assigned
- Retain knowledge of Grantham University products, systems and processes
- Maintain communication with prospective students through all stages of the recruitment and admission process
- Utilize relationship development and communication skills to build and manage a strong prospective student pipeline
- Successfully implement provided script into conversations with prospective students
- Meet all measures of compliance standards
- Meet attendance requirements on a consistent basis
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Associates or Bachelor degree highly preferred
- Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- Able to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Able to handle rejection effectively and with tact
- Able to work effectively with diverse populations required
- Display success in a performance-driven environment which utilizes metrics and measurements preferred
- Desire to work in a progressive but competitive environment required
- Advanced understanding of consultative selling, uncovering buying decisions and understanding customer needs preferred
- Able to learn and leverage a variety of software applications required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word, and Internet required
- Able to effectively communicate orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing required
- Able to multi-task, yet maintain close attention to detail and timeliness of work production, required
- Language Skills: Able to read, analyze, and interpret journals and documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to effectively present information to staff and/or students in writing and verbally. Able to speak coherently into the telephone with potential students and with staff. Able to present information using professional and grammatically correct language is required.
- Mathematical Skill: Able to apply concepts such as basic math skills, fractions, and percentages is preferred
- Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to present facts to management for response. Able to deal with a variety of information presented in oral or written formats.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensively required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel (including the use of computer keyboards) and talk or hear (including the use of a telephone, computer, and headsets)
- Occasionally required to walk, stand
- This position involves sitting at a desk on the telephone/ computer for extended periods of time
- Multiple flexible work schedule available upon completion of training
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision and distance vision
Grantham will seek to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability. Such reasonable accommodation may take the form of making existing facilities readily accessible to or usable by individuals with a disability, restructuring jobs, modifying schedules, acquiring or modifying equipment, adjusting training materials, adjusting employment policies, and the like.
- Integrity – operates within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position
- Motivated/Results Oriented – fantastic record of personal drive and the determination to succeed
- Mission Oriented - passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a competitive disciplined execution for results
- Listening Skills – must be an active listener to insure student needs are fully understood and met
- Influence – skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success
Assistant Director Admissions Graduate Recruitment/Crm Management, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: The Assistant Director of Admissions assists in the attainment of student recruitment goals and increasing overall diversity for KCU. This position develops and m...
Network Service Technician Iii, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 6 hours ago
Posting Details Working Title Network Service Technician III Classification Title Network Service Technician Position Number 01203917 Hours Per Week 40 Department Wiring and Installation Campus Lo...
Admissions Counselor, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Department Admissions Job Posting Title Admissions Counselor Job Description Position Description: Fort Hays State University is seeking applications for an Admissions Counselor opening. Admission...
Standardized Patient, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: General Responsibility The Standardized Patient reports directly to the Medical Director and Assistant Director of the Clinical Skills and Simulation Center (CSSC)...
Head Men’s Wrestling Coach, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Department Office of Athletics Job Posting Title Head Men’s Wrestling Coach Job Description Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree is required Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree Wrestlin...
**Internal Only** Lecturer/M Acc Programs Director, University of Kansas, United States, about 16 hours ago
Position Overview This position is an INTERNAL only vacancy for KU School of Business faculty/staff. This position is a full-time, non-tenure track Lecturer / Academic Program Associate in the Sch...