Job TitleAdmissions Processing Aide
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentAcademic Affairs Recruiting Office
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
The Office of Admissions handles freshman, transfer, graduate, international, and other applicant types who wish to apply to Texas A&M University. The office is also responsible for recruiting and enrollment of an academically prepared student body that is geographically, ethnically and economically diverse. In addition, Admissions also offers several opportunities for prospective students and their families to visit campus throughout the year to learn about the rich traditions and culture of Texas A&M University.
The Academic Affairs Recruiting Office assisted with the creation and posting of this job requisition for Office of Admissions.
What we want
We seek to hire a motivated and experienced leader in assessment interested in joining a dynamic and cohesive team with a passion for continuous improvement of university programs, services, and operations that enhance the student learning and academic experience. Members of our team are curious and engaged problem solvers with a range of skills and abilities allowing them to effectively communicate and consult with faculty, staff, students, and university leadership. A comfort with online educational technologies and applications designed to support assessment activities, the ability to multi-task, and demonstrate effective organizational skills are a must to be an effective member of our team. Being a detail-oriented person is also essential to succeed in this role. Our selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If this description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Proposed minimum salary: $15.00/per hr
Cover letter & Resume: A cover letter and resume are strongly recommended.
Position Details: This is a part time, temporary position. Flexible weekday hours between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. as well as some weekend hours available in the spring.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website .
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be literate in the English language and able to comprehend, give, and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or similar spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to evaluate and review application materials using computer technology.
- Must be motivated, organized, reliable, and cooperative.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Must be able to conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards consistent with all state and federal accreditation and institutional rules and regulations regarding student recruitment.
- Experience in higher education.
- Background in general office conditions with much time spent in contact with students.
- Experience working with high school transcripts, college transcripts and the higher education application process.
- Experience in college admissions, records, or departmental advising office.
- Data entry experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the college credit system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced computer skills.
- Working knowledge of higher education as well as Texas A&M University.
- Processing - Provides support for an Admissions Processing Unit or specialized activity. Reviews application documents during current admission season by utilizing an electronic workflow system and student information system. Performs high levels of data entry. Tracks student files through decision process and makes appropriate entries in student information system. Follows written and verbal instructions and work well in a deadline driven environment. Maintains daily reports of all work accomplished and adhere to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Director For Web Services, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 20 minutes ago
Job Title Assistant Director for Web Services Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst Vice Chancellor For Public Affairs Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Tex...
Program Aide, TAMHSC, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Program Aide Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Environmental And Occupational Health Proposed Minimum Salary $18.30 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas ...
Program Director, TAMHSC, United States, 8 days ago
Job Title Program Director Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Healthy South Texas Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Administrative Associate Ii, TAMHSC, United States, about 8 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Associate II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Environmental and Occupational Health Proposed Minimum Salary $12.00 hourly Job Location College ...
Customer Service Associate Ii Counseling And Psycological Services, TAMHSC, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Customer Service Associate II - Counseling and Psycological Services Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Counseling & Psychological Services Proposed Minimum Sal...
Customer Service Associate Ii, Vacant, TAMHSC, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Customer Service Associate II, vacant Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Counseling & Psychological Services Proposed Minimum Salary $14.77 hourly Job Location ...