The University of Cincinnati, division of Enrollment Management, seeks applicants for an Admissions Counselor. This position will be housed on the Uptown Campus located in Cincinnati’s Clifton Heights neighborhood.
In collaboration with office leadership and other admissions team members, responsibilities of the position include:
- Meet with students, families, and school counselors both in individual and group settings to explain university admissions policies and answer questions about academic programs and campus life
- Coordinate student recruitment for an assigned geographical area and represent the university at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment and yield events
- Evaluate academic records of applicants to determine admissibility
- Interpret and apply university policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings/weekends and some overnight travel
Minimum Qualifications : Bachelor’s degree with one (1) year experience; OR Associate’s degree with three (3) years’ experience; OR five (5) years’ experience. Experience must be in university admissions and/or counseling high school or college students or related field.
Preferred Qualifications: Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills
- Confidence and the ability to execute projects both independently and as a member of a team
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the work
- Motivation and conflict resolution skills
- Commitment to a diverse applicant pool and student body and the ability to work with people from other backgrounds
- Experience in the development of school counselor and community college counselor relations.
This position will be a professional position paid at an hourly rate.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Oral Surgery Asst Uc Health Physicians Office Clifton Surgery, UC Health, United States, 2 days ago
Oral Surgery Asst - UC Health Physicians Office Clifton - Surgery( Job Number: 046766) Description Primary Purpose: The Oral Medical Services Assistant is responsible for assisting patients and ph...
Clinical Research Coordinator Uc Health Msb Cancer Institute, UC Health, United States, about 21 hours ago
Clinical Research Coordinator- UC Health MSB- Cancer Institute( Job Number: 046731) Description Primary Purpose: Responsible for coordinating and participating in clinical research studies conduc...
Organ Donation Coordinator Uc Medical Center Neuro Science Institute, UC Health, United States, 2 days ago
Organ Donation Coordinator - UC Medical Center - Neuro Science Institute( Job Number: 046705) Description Primary Purpose: The Organ Donation Coordinator is responsible for prmoting, facilitating,...
Clinical Team Lead Uc Medical Center Ob, UC Health, United States, about 21 hours ago
Clinical Team Lead - UC Medical Center - OB( Job Number: 046653) Description Primary Purpose: Is a recognized leader in the assigned department under the direction of the nurse manager. Assumes re...
Executive Secretary Uc Medical Sciences Building Obstetrics, UC Health, United States, 2 days ago
Executive Secretary - UC Medical Sciences Building - Obstetrics( Job Number: 046618) Description Primary Purpose: To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Vice President and Depart...
Intake Coordinator Uc Health Stetson Psychiatry, UC Health, United States, 2 days ago
Intake Coordinator- UC Health Stetson- Psychiatry( Job Number: 046720) Description PURPOSE OF POSITION To coordinate the triage and referral of patients into appropriate Behavioral Medicine and Ps...