- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Admissions Counselor works closely with the Associate Director of Recruitment and other members of the admissions team to develop actionable goals and execute strategies that drive application growth and support the goal of yielding the most highly qualified students and providing exemplary support throughout the enrollment process to the students for the School’s diverse portfolio of programs. These offerings currently include cross-disciplinary Master’s Degree Programs, Pre-Graduate and Graduate Certificate Programs, Structured and Unstructured Certifications of Professional Achievement, take-a-class options for bachelor’s degree holders and visiting students enrolled at other institutions, High School Programs, and the American Language Programs. While the Admissions team will support all SPS programs, each Admissions Counselor specializes in a few programs, providing backup support for others as needed. Admissions Counselors also serve on the Committee for Admissions for the programs they support, evaluating applications for admissions consideration.
- Research, recommend and execute for program-specific and School-wide recruitment opportunities to increase the number of highly qualified applications to assigned portfolio of programs
- Represent programs and SPS by attending local, regional, and national graduate recruitment and career fairs, disciplinary conferences, campus events, face-to-face and online informational sessions
- Schedule, manage and execute all logistics for information sessions and recruitment events for assigned portfolio of programs including but not limited to coordination of speakers, hosting session, communications and event analysis
- Design and cultivate an exceptional prospective student experience across from initial point of contact (proactive and reactive) through commitment by leveraging SPS and Columbia wide resources and developing a strong communications plan
- Track, analyze and report on prospective student engagement utilizing the CRM and templates to identify trends, collaborate with other teams on necessary and new initiatives to enhance the prospective student experience and increase conversion across the admissions pipeline
- Maintain a close collaborative relationship with academic and marketing team members to ensure that recruiting, admissions, and communications initiatives align with program, department and School goals
- Track and provide feedback regarding the effectiveness of recruitment and marketing efforts in attracting high quality prospective students and applicants, and the overall quality of the prospect and applicant pools to relevant admissions, marketing and academic team stakeholders
- Ensure prospect-facing content for the assigned programs is clear and drives the desired action. Proactively recommend content changes to the website, communications, and collateral based on the synthesis and analysis of prospect and applicant questions and feedback
- Serve as a member of the Admissions Committee for assigned programs, reading applications and making admissions decision recommendations to the academic directors for the programs in their portfolio, and back-up programs (as needed)
- Partner with the advising team to create effective yield management plans for assigned programs, and assist in coordinating and participating in yield events
- Assist with student events such as orientation and graduation
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED OR REQUESTED
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Two years related work experience required
- A resume and cover letter with salary requirements must be submitted to be considered for the position
- Experience in admissions, recruitment or academic advising
- Familiarity with SPS program offerings
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (verbal and written), and experience presenting in small group and large group settings, and to a variety of audiences, including individuals in positions of influence
- Intellectual curiosity, sound problem-solving and decision-making abilities, and strength in creative and innovative thinking
- High energy and passion for recruiting
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel required
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, and weekends, as needed
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform non-routine work with changing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature, professional manner
- Must be able to work with a diverse student body, faculty and administrators
- Experience in a fast-paced student or client service-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams in a highly-matrixed environment, receiving direction from and providing support to multiple sources
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making abilities, both as an independent entity, and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS Office/systems (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Associate Dean, Enrollment Management And Student Success, New York University, United States, 20 days ago
The NYU School of Professional Studies is seeking a qualified individual who will report directly to the Dean of the School and serves as chief enrollment and student success officer for NYU SPS. ...
Admissions Officer, New York University, United States, about 22 hours ago
The Admissions Office at the School of Professional Studies (SPS) is seeking an indvidual to serve as an Admissions Officer. Under very general supervision the Admissions Officer will represent an...
Generalist: Recruiter Temporary One Year Assignment, Bergen Community College, United States, about 18 hours ago
Department/Division Introduction The Student Affairs Division provides a wide array of services for the College at its Paramus campus, Lyndhurst and Hackensack locations including the administrati...
Graduate Recruitment Specialist, New York University, United States, 15 days ago
The Graduate Recruitment Specialist is responsible for day-to-day execution of recruitment tactics for the GPH Office of Admissions. The Specialist is responsible for managing student employees wh...
University Admissions Counselor, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Details Job Title: University Admissions Counselor Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ Department: Admissions, Undergraduate-Metro Hiring Manager: Luke Schultheis Hiring Manager Title...
Admissions Coordinator, New York University, United States, 28 days ago
Help change the direction of MBA applicants’ lives by joining a collaborative team in NYU Stern’s MBA Admissions Office. The Admissions Coordinator will manage operations functions across our prog...