Job TitleAdministrator I
AgencyTexas A&M Agrilife Research
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
An Administrator I will work under the direction of the Department Head to perform highly complex work planning, directing, and coordinating of services directly related to the management or general business operations of the department. The Administrator I will be expected to exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
- Manage the Dean of Faculties credentialing process if requested by the Department Head.
- Coordinate departmental activities and functions with advisory committees.
- Attend regular administrative meetings with the Department Head, Associate Heads and Business Administrator to handle all departmental issues.
- Attend regular Department Head administrator’s meetings.
- Prepare annual faculty appointment letters.
- Participate in faculty hiring by managing the Interfolio and Dean of Faculties portal processes.
- Participate in the planning and preparation in various departmental reviews including external academic reviews, PhD program reviews, annual departmental review, etc.
- Assist with entering Promotion and Tenure packets in Interfolio.
- Assist with departmental faculty/staff meetings.
- Provide support for faculty recruiting.
- Maintain and coordinate the Department Head’s calendar.
- Manage office phone.
- Maintain faculty files; coordinate end-of-year faculty reports; and assist with annual faculty performance review letters.
- Mentors and supervises other office staff and provides training to staff on new and existing procedures and assists in developing procedures.
- Knowledge of software – faculty affairs (Interfolio), financial management (FAMIS) or demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new software solutions.
- Work with faculty and the centralized Business Administrator on Faculty Development Leave.
- Work closely with HR for completing new hire onboarding
- Other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience plus an additional seven (7) years of related experience.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Foster a positive and enthusiastic work environment.
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policies and procedures.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Tfs Purchasing Department Head, Texas A&M Forest Service, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title TFS Purchasing Department Head Agency Texas A&M Forest Service Department Fiad Associate Director's Office Proposed Minimum Salary $6,083.34 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas J...
Financial Accountant I, Texas A&M Forest Service, United States, 18 days ago
Job Title Financial Accountant I Agency Texas A&M Forest Service Department Budgets & Accounting Department Proposed Minimum Salary $3,500.00 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type S...
Assistant Dean Mathematics, Blinn College, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2022075F Position Title Assistant Dean - Mathematics Salary Rang...
Program Manager P12, TAMHSC, United States, 17 days ago
Job Title Program Manager P12 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Academic Affairs Com Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Academic Advisor Ii, TAMHSC, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Academic Advisor II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department School Of Public Health Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job...
Department Chair/Head Public Health Sciences, Clemson University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Department Chair/Head - Public Health Sciences Clemson University: College of Behavioral, Social and Health Sciences: Public Health Sciences Location Edwards Hall, Clemson University Open Date Jul...