Office of the VP for Student Affairs
Job Posting Title
Administrative Specialist - Student Affairs
Position Description: Work involves specialized and/or diverse administrative support work, and the responsibility of providing assistance to the Director and Assistant Director for Transition, Inclusion & Diversity Excellence. Duties may include accounting and bookkeeping, acting as a liaison and providing assistance with public relations assignments, research and evaluate special projects, analyze data and make recommendations, record management and oversite, and management of office. Positions at this level may use discretion to implement general office operations, interpret statutes, regulations, policies and procedures and make interpretations for others. Position will utilize standard office tools and technology. May supervise or provide leadership to student employees. Positions at this level are expected to demonstrate professionalism and maintain security and confidentiality of office documents, records and information.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or GED equivalency and two years of office experience or two years of post-secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree or three to five years of office experience.
- Excellent writing, organizational and data management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Application Deadline: Priority Deadline is April 22, 2019. Screening of applications will begin after the priority deadline and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: $15.06 per hour plus benefits
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Responsible for attending committee meetings, as assigned, with the Director and Assistant Director of Transition, Inclusion & Diversity. Accurate minutes are kept of each meeting for reference. Schedules follow-up and/or monthly meetings as needed.
- Support the First Year Experience events including Tiger Freshman Pre-Enrollment, Tiger Transfer Pre-Enrollment, and Tiger Impact Weekend. Work with development of promotional and pre-enrollment materials, update online registration form, coordinate hiring and payment of orientation assistants, and calculate and summarize evaluation results for assessment purposes.
- Responsible for working with Living and Learning Community Faculty Leads to submit fall and spring learning community classes, scheduling LLC meetings and coordinating the LLC Welcome Reception.
- Responsible for the development and distribution of the Family Calendar at Tiger STRIPES events.
- Assist with developing programs, including educational programs and training.
- Provide awareness of the Inclusion & Diversity Office through publications and social media.
- Assist in organizing a pre-orientation program for incoming multicultural students.
- Assist in the organization and upkeep of the Transition and Inclusion & Diversity web pages to provide visibility and resources to students.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Chris Gist
Phone: (785) 628-4277
ABOUT HAYS, KS
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.
Associate Research Professor, University of Kansas, United States, 2 days ago
15578BR Social Welfare Position Overview The University of Kansas (KU) School of Social Welfare is seeking dynamic candidates for a 12 month, non-tenure track Associate Research Professor position...
Assoc Vice Chanc For Research (.50)/Tenured Faculty (.50) Internal, University of Kansas, United States, 13 days ago
15430BR Office of Research Position Overview This is an internal search available only to current, tenured faculty members at the University of Kansas - Lawrence Campus. The KU Office of Research ...
Assistant Professor In Special Education, University of Kansas, United States, 1 day ago
15480BR Special Education Position Overview The University of Kansas, Department of Special Education is seeking applicants for a tenure-track, assistant professor position in special education wi...
International Educational Experience Advisor, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 6 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title International Educational Experience Advisor Classification Title Senior Coordinator, Non-Exempt Position Number J0172799 Hours Per Week 40 Depar...
Assistant Professor Of Educational Leadership And Policy Studies, University of Kansas, United States, 2 days ago
15615BR Ed Leadership & Policy Studies Position Overview The Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at the University of Kansas seeks to hire a fulltime faculty member at the Assi...
Associate Or Full Professor In African American Studies, University of Kansas, United States, 1 day ago
15595BR American Studies Position Overview The American Studies Department and the History Department at the University of Kansas are seeking candidates for a joint position at the tenured Associa...